S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

Old 11-02-2008, 11:45 AM
d.h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, I think I caught you red handed with a couple lies yourself.

She was Haitian with a green dress on, driving a 1990s Blazer (not too many Haitians by where I work btw).
You're in Miami, and there are not too many Haitians....? I don't think so.

I phoned the cops and to my surprise...they were there in 5 minutes.
Again, you're in Miami and the cops came in 5 mins....? I don't think so again. I would be surprise if they didn't take longer than 1 hr.

J/K man, I'm just pulling your strings. But you have to agree that you were extremely lucky that everything worked out as they did after the accident......in Miami. Glad you caught her. Teach the hit-and-runners a lesson.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c0ok0o,Nov 1 2008, 01:36 PM
Now I have this b*tch's address, phone number, social security, etc.
Really? What bank was this?

btw Welcome to Miami. My s2000 has been in two wrecks. I was backed into while sitting my car in a parking lot. New fender and head light. Second one was when I was on Coral way and got rear ended while sitting at a red light.

Ahh good ole miami.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

DAMN thats some CSI shit right there!

BTW if i were you, i would pop out the dent till you take it to the body shop, i had this happen to my prelude once, popped it out and it looks 99% new, you couldnt tell unless you got right up next to it
Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome turn-out make that trick pay. nothing is worse than hit-and-run people...except maybe people who park next to you when you park out in no-man's-land (y does that always happen to me?)

g/l with repairs!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

did that to a "friends" car one time as a joke, me and a buddy parked side by side to him when he was out next to no one

keyed our cars.. dumb (prelude at the time, if it was the S i would have been throwin bows)
Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad you were able to get it sorted....
Old 11-03-2008, 12:22 AM

thats pretty funny....
Old 11-03-2008, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch! but yeah at least they missed the tail light, still sad but at least its fixable
Old 11-03-2008, 04:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c0ok0o,Nov 2 2008, 10:28 AM
lol, what is she gonna sue for? is it illegal for a bank to look up your information on the bank's system even if the client is not there? no it's not, it's perfectly legal...

if you did a transaction....I can look up your info and profile without any problem (ex. to check if the transaction was made correcty, make sure everything in your profile is organized and correct, add notes to your profile, etc). In her case, she ****ed my car over in the bank's parking lot (our property) w/o leaving a note (which is at least a misdemeanor on our lot), so I have every right to identify her since she's one of our clients. Now what I can't do is distribute her info.
Don't want to rain on your CSI parade but, I have to agree with LittleBluePill on this one. You could definitely lose your job and have put yourself and the bank at risk for serious litigation.

As you point out, you can validate legitimate banking transactions in the course of normal business but using PII (Personally Identifiable Information) for your personal use is potentially illegal, and I'm sure against your Bank's internal policies. You seem to make a distinction between using it and distributing it, there is no difference - - - you have made unauthorized access to her account.

Could you look up the address of a cute girl who comes into the bank, go to her house and approach her, and tell her you picked up the name/address/phone from her bank account - - - I don't think so.

I suggest you remove references to what you did from this post.

If you think differently, please let me know what bank you work for so I can make sure I'm not banking with them.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by c0ok0o,Nov 2 2008, 07:28 AM
lol, what is she gonna sue for? is it illegal for a bank to look up your information on the bank's system even if the client is not there? no it's not, it's perfectly legal...

if you did a transaction....I can look up your info and profile without any problem (ex. to check if the transaction was made correcty, make sure everything in your profile is organized and correct, add notes to your profile, etc). In her case, she ****ed my car over in the bank's parking lot (our property) w/o leaving a note (which is at least a misdemeanor on our lot), so I have every right to identify her since she's one of our clients. Now what I can't do is distribute her info.
Yes, that would be for work use, and would be legal. What you did, was not work related. See the difference.

Quick Reply: Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)