S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

Old 11-02-2008, 06:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto the not calling your insurance company. That will show up as another claim in your CLUE report which affects your ability to renew or change insurance companies as well as your insurance rate.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LittleBluePill,Nov 2 2008, 04:35 AM
Your lucky if she doesn't sue for looking up her private information for personal use.

Sorry about the car!
lol, what is she gonna sue for? is it illegal for a bank to look up your information on the bank's system even if the client is not there? no it's not, it's perfectly legal...

if you did a transaction....I can look up your info and profile without any problem (ex. to check if the transaction was made correcty, make sure everything in your profile is organized and correct, add notes to your profile, etc). In her case, she ****ed my car over in the bank's parking lot (our property) w/o leaving a note (which is at least a misdemeanor on our lot), so I have every right to identify her since she's one of our clients. Now what I can't do is distribute her info.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by SilverR2,Nov 1 2008, 07:24 PM
DO NOT CALL YOUR INSURANCE CO!! It is clearly her fault and you have the police report to prove it I would contact HER insurance company for the claim. Even though the claim will show as "not at fault" on your policy and you are not assessed any points it can still count against you when your policy is up for renewal as you may not get as high a discount as you would with zero claims.

If she has legit insurance with a common carrier than you should definately go through them directly. They will pay for your rental as well. Take the car to the very best body shop you can find also and have them send the quote to her carrier. Remember you have the right to get the car fixed wherever you want as she is at fault. I have used a place in Pompano Beach (I think) that does all of the Ferrari's, Lambo's and Porsche's for the local dealers.

Good luck!
Awesome tip, I did not know that. Props!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Diego1107,Nov 2 2008, 06:44 AM
Hey CooKoo, say my car were hit in the parking lot and I had noticed the same lady come out of the bank. Would i be able to go into your bank and ask you to pull out her information so i can also track her down? I know some people have enough trouble just getting parking lot footage of the video without a court order.
You'd have to have some witnesses. You can't just come in the bank and ask to look at someone's profile. In our case, one of the reps actually saw what happened from far away as he was coming back from lunch. Then we can definately pull up her profile...but it can only be given to the cop and you cannot take it home with you.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:42 AM

But you're not making any claim through your insurance. From my personal experience. I called my insurance and told them of what had happened. They asked me if I want to make a claim and pay the deductible. I told them no, because it's not my fault and the other insurance will/should cover me completely. I also asked them if this will effect my future rate. The guy said "no, first, you're not making any claim and second, this is not your fault".
Old 11-02-2008, 07:11 AM

Dude you're right, the man upstairs was looking out for you...but not just by catching that crooked looser.

First, you're lucky she's actually insuranced. As you know you're sharing the road with many uninsured motorists in SoFL. Also, you must be a big azz dude with GIANT ballz, or either you have one of those plasma projectile launchers mounted on your right shoulder like the Predator. You actually went to the lady's house, and knocked on the door, and called her out? Again, in SoFL that can be pretty dangerous...folks have been known to pull guns on the road just for being unknowingly cutoff in traffic. I think if I had overheard some stranger calling my wife out in our front doorway, it would've been a short time later I'd be led away in handcuffs.

Good job on the investigative work...sux your car suffered, but justice will be served. I'm glad the man upstairs was on your side, too.
SmittyVIP
Old 11-02-2008, 07:12 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Result! Lucky day, now buy a lottery ticket.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is the best hit and run scenario ever. gotcha b1tch!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pop that shit out first. but good luck with everything!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry your car was damaged. Glad to see you caught her though!

Quick Reply: Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)