S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

Old 11-01-2008, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL that's some gangsta shit! gj bro!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nice job on the track-down! It's unfortunately a "hit and run" area here in S FL
Old 11-01-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by hondaBeater,Nov 1 2008, 02:39 PM
luck you, just missed your left taillight. Easy fix with no damage left behind. replace bumper.
Time for an aftermarket bumper and glad you got everything settled!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:19 PM

Good for you!! I'm sorry about your car, but quite glad to hear a story like this.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:07 PM

Mugen SS rear bumper FTW! Oh and make sure to get the matching SS exhaust
Old 11-01-2008, 07:24 PM

DO NOT CALL YOUR INSURANCE CO!! It is clearly her fault and you have the police report to prove it I would contact HER insurance company for the claim. Even though the claim will show as "not at fault" on your policy and you are not assessed any points it can still count against you when your policy is up for renewal as you may not get as high a discount as you would with zero claims.

If she has legit insurance with a common carrier than you should definately go through them directly. They will pay for your rental as well. Take the car to the very best body shop you can find also and have them send the quote to her carrier. Remember you have the right to get the car fixed wherever you want as she is at fault. I have used a place in Pompano Beach (I think) that does all of the Ferrari's, Lambo's and Porsche's for the local dealers.

Good luck!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by c0ok0o,Nov 1 2008, 01:36 PM
So today early this afternoon I was involved in a hit and run..but the man upstairs was on my side. (yes long read)

I was w/a client at work around noonish (I work at a bank) when one of my co-workers comes up to me telling me someone just backed into my car and left immediately. I know how it feels to be in this situation because someone hit my last car in the mall parking lot and left no note with their info. Anyway, as I'm running outside, a lady in an SUV told me what happened and gave me a description of the lady. She was Haitian with a green dress on, driving a 1990s Blazer (not too many Haitians by where I work btw). The lady told me she tried telling her to stop...but she hauled ass out of the parking lot and made a left out of the complex. Oh, and I parked the S2k at the end of the parking lot where nobody parks..but of course, she parks right by me.

The great thing was that I did see her in the bank making a transaction with a teller, so I immediately went back inside and pulled up her profile through our system. Bam! Now I have this b*tch's address, phone number, social security, etc.

I phoned the cops and to my surprise...they were there in 5 minutes. I filed a police report and gave them the lady's info. They asked me if I was sure it was her and I told them 100% sure it was...even though I did not have a tag number. I even told the cop I'm going to her house just to check out the car and get the tag number after we finish the report...and the cop says "I'd probably do the same thing, but don't do anything stupid" lol

So I show up to her house and there's the Blazer parked in the front with my car's paint marked on her back bumper. Got ya b*tch! I knocked for a good five minutes (my knocks got progressively louder lol) til she finally opened the door. This is how the beginning of the conversation went...

"Why is my paint marked on your back bumper?"
> I don't know what you're talking about.
"Mam, is your name __________?
> Yes
"So you were at my bank today making a transaction?"
> No, I bank somewhere else...get out of here!
"Don't lie to me, why did you back up into my car and leave without leaving a note?
> You are just making assumptions, you have no proof it was me.

Now I take out the police report and the printout of her profile from the bank's system and I show it to her.

"You're ####ed! I have witnesses, recorded video from the camera, and the cops know it's you. Don't lie to me and tell me the truth, what you're doing can get you into even more trouble. "

So she finally admits it was her and she apologizes a gazillion times to me. Then she has the nerve to tell me she left a note on my car because nobody was around (which of course is a lie). The lady tells me she'll pay for all the damages and I end up getting her insurance info, license info, etc. Now I'm relieved and glad justice was served!

So my baby is damaged...but luckily I caught her red handed. So I guess you can say it was my lucky and unlucky day today. Check out the damage...

Your lucky if she doesn't sue for looking up her private information for personal use.

Sorry about the car!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:28 AM

The cops better follow through with the hit and run charges. Prosecute the bi*** and make her suffer. I hate people who hit and run almost as much as I hate theives who break into other people's cars.

Anyway, I'm glad the story had a happy ending and everything worked out for you. You're one of the lucky ones!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:44 AM

Hey CooKoo, say my car were hit in the parking lot and I had noticed the same lady come out of the bank. Would i be able to go into your bank and ask you to pull out her information so i can also track her down? I know some people have enough trouble just getting parking lot footage of the video without a court order.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:05 AM

Good luck bro! Btw, who does she has a her insurance carrier? Make a big different depend on the company you'll be dealing with. AAA's is by far the best I have ever dealt with and Eastwood is just speechless......horrible.

Quick Reply: Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)