S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

Old 11-07-2008, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slow,Nov 7 2008, 05:11 AM
One thing I love most about s2ki.com is all the free legal advice.

It amazes me how many people suddenly turn into legal experts when someone does something wrong.

No one here actually know WTF they're talking about, so stop making judgments as to what is legal, what is not legal, and the potential criminal charges someone should face. I'm glad America's legal system is not controlled by s2ki.com members.

If someone can prove to me they have professional legal training, then maybe I'll give two sh**s about their two cents.

oh, and....IBTL

and nooooo, no lock! I like hearing what people have to say, even if it's accusing me of something.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna,Nov 7 2008, 06:30 AM
none of you qualify as experts in the law. unless you're actually legal experts and haven't said so yet? I didn't think so. quit acting like this guy did something legally wrong when you can't even point to a law that he's broken. go ahead, use wikipedia or something. find me a law he broke. i'll be waiting.
Part of the code of conduct from the OPS Co.

Our Code of Conduct requires that your information remain confidential. Even if you are no longer our customer, we will continue to treat your nonpublic personal information in the same way as if you were still a customer. In addition, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard this personal information. Some state laws may further restrict the sharing of your nonpublic personal information.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:57 AM

More.

Deleted as it listed the company that he works for. Don't want an ass hat to contact his company.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:58 AM

and some more

Consequences of Violations

Any violation of this Ethical Code may result in disciplinary action including, but not limited to, the following:

Disciplinary action (up to and including suspension or termination of employment);
Pursuit of any and all remedies available to the Company for any damages or harm resulting to the Company from a violation, including injunctive relief; and
Referral of matters to appropriate legal or regulatory authorities for investigation and prosecution.
Reporting of Violations

Any employee of the Company who becomes aware of actual or potential infractions of this Code of Ethics or who has concerns regarding questionable accounting or auditing matters involving the Company or a Senior Financial Officer should submit a report to the Audit Committee by calling. An operator is available to take your report and direct it to the appropriate person for investigation and response. This service is confidential and anonymous.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:00 AM

more.
Conflicts of interest

Deleted as it contained the ops company info.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:02 AM

This one's the best.

Theft

will not tolerate theft. The Company considers a person guilty of theft if it determines that the employee misappropriated property, financial assets, or information belonging to the Company, its customers, or other employees.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 AM

one more. Really interesting reading.

Customer privacy

Customers are understandably concerned about the way their personal information is handled, and in financial matters the subject is even more sensitive. You are not to access customer information, including information about a customer who is also an employee, without proper authorization and a business need.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:10 AM

those aren't laws, they're corporate policies.

there's a HUGE difference. a number of people in this thread kept saying he was going to get in *legal* trouble or have crap on his "record." I was saying, quite clearly, that no one has posted anything about any law he might have broken, and that i didn't believe he could have violated one.

in fact, it says that in the post of mine that you quoted...

still waiting on an actual law.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by LittleBluePill,Nov 7 2008, 10:57 AM
More.

Deleted as it listed the company that he works for. Don't want an ass hat to contact his company.
Good looking out!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by senor_flojo,Nov 7 2008, 08:31 AM
"The Thread! The!"

Quick Reply: Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)