S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

Old 11-01-2008, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)

So today early this afternoon I was involved in a hit and run..but the man upstairs was on my side. (yes long read)

I was w/a client at work around noonish (I work at a bank) when one of my co-workers comes up to me telling me someone just backed into my car and left immediately. I know how it feels to be in this situation because someone hit my last car in the mall parking lot and left no note with their info. Anyway, as I'm running outside, a lady in an SUV told me what happened and gave me a description of the lady. She was Haitian with a green dress on, driving a 1990s Blazer (not too many Haitians by where I work btw). The lady told me she tried telling her to stop...but she hauled ass out of the parking lot and made a left out of the complex. Oh, and I parked the S2k at the end of the parking lot where nobody parks..but of course, she parks right by me.

The great thing was that I did see her in the bank making a transaction with a teller, so I immediately went back inside and pulled up her profile through our system. Bam! Now I have this b*tch's address, phone number, social security, etc.

I phoned the cops and to my surprise...they were there in 5 minutes. I filed a police report and gave them the lady's info. They asked me if I was sure it was her and I told them 100% sure it was...even though I did not have a tag number. I even told the cop I'm going to her house just to check out the car and get the tag number after we finish the report...and the cop says "I'd probably do the same thing, but don't do anything stupid" lol

So I show up to her house and there's the Blazer parked in the front with my car's paint marked on her back bumper. Got ya b*tch! I knocked for a good five minutes (my knocks got progressively louder lol) til she finally opened the door. This is how the beginning of the conversation went...

"Why is my paint marked on your back bumper?"
> I don't know what you're talking about.
"Mam, is your name __________?
> Yes
"So you were at my bank today making a transaction?"
> No, I bank somewhere else...get out of here!
"Don't lie to me, why did you back up into my car and leave without leaving a note?
> You are just making assumptions, you have no proof it was me.

Now I take out the police report and the printout of her profile from the bank's system and I show it to her.

"You're ####ed! I have witnesses, recorded video from the camera, and the cops know it's you. Don't lie to me and tell me the truth, what you're doing can get you into even more trouble. "

So she finally admits it was her and she apologizes a gazillion times to me. Then she has the nerve to tell me she left a note on my car because nobody was around (which of course is a lie). The lady tells me she'll pay for all the damages and I end up getting her insurance info, license info, etc. Now I'm relieved and glad justice was served!

So my baby is damaged...but luckily I caught her red handed. So I guess you can say it was my lucky and unlucky day today. Check out the damage...

Old 11-01-2008, 01:39 PM

luck you, just missed your left taillight. Easy fix with no damage left behind. replace bumper.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Glad you were able to track her down. A good body shop will have it looking good as new in no time.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 PM

Wow man!!! Im impressed. Sucks that your car was hit and all but you did some nice work finding out information about the suspect.... I hope this teaches her a lesson!
Old 11-01-2008, 02:31 PM

omg..........thas no small dent either...can't she get in trouble for hit and run? either way i would try to get as much $ as i can possibly get from that lady.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:52 PM

i'm pretty sure she's screwed. I have her info...but the report was filed as a hit and run. I'm calling my insurance company on Monday and see what they tell me. Does anyone know if I can buy a different back bumper and have her insurance pay for it or does it have to be OEM?
Old 11-01-2008, 02:57 PM

Wow people these days are crazy. I regret to say that I was once in a hit and run but the car I hit had one of those plastic bumpers and only my paint got scratched off and no damage was done. Furthermore, I only hit the SUV I hit to try to dodge this crazy ass b*tch going 70mph in the parking lot right at me and my girlfreind was in the car. I felt bad but I just left since no damage was done other then to my own bumper :/.

I feel like there are crazier and crazier people out there in this world on the road these days, I dodge cars like its a game of dodgeball, my moto is don't drive behind P.T Cruisers and drive 5-10mph slower than speed limit when is raining.

My family has some bad experiences with car accidents my sister and dad were involved 20 car pileup because a Dodge viper rolled into their side from the other side of the road going the opposite direction.

I hope you get your money's worth and teach one of the million crazy drivers a lesson.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally the way it will work with the insurance is that the insurance will send an appraiser out to give an estimate. They'll then either cut you a check or pay the bodyshop directly.

Either way, you should be able to pick out a new bumper and have it painted and installed. It might not be fully covered by insurance, but most of it should be.

Good luck.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:28 PM

Wow man glad you got her information and it will be handled. Honestly I'm not sure how I would have handled someone getting in my face on my property though..glad it all worked out.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:32 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Glad you caught her. Thinks she's above everyone. Bah. Time for an INGS bumper.

Quick Reply: Involved in a hit and run but... (yes pics)