S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Intake question

Old 04-12-2004, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question

Hey everyone, Im new here and have just started to look to get performance parts for my 2002 S2K. Im thinking of getting an intake system to start. I just wanted to know if an intake is the right way to go if I have a little bit of extra cash or if there is something else I should start with. I would really like the input.

Im looking at the AEM System. Thanks for your time.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:13 PM

Sorry meant for that to be a different topic... ugh
Old 04-12-2004, 03:17 PM

Since I started the topic with Exhaust, anyone have a few good tips for me in the future for getting some headers and a catback system. Or maybe give me some links to read up on whats available.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:45 PM

i think that an intake with a nice exhaust are well worth your cash
i have both....and im really impressed with what my car is sounding and responsing like
i can easily pull on stock s2ks too
the AEM only apears at full throttle....the exhaust (fujitsubo) is there as a nice growl in low RPMs so its a nice combo
also....i drove too s2ks the other day....and it felt like the RPMs where climbing too slow when i give it some gas
hope that helps
Old 04-12-2004, 05:39 PM

t1r...
Old 04-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the FAQ at the top of the S2000 Talk page for lots of info on exhausts, among other things: http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=154011.

Thread title edited...

Old 04-12-2004, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for record, there are many different opinions and dynos, blah blah about intakes and exhaust. You should go into knowing the following: no bolt mod is going to make a night and day difference in how the car performs. The best you should expect from an intake is a better sound at WOT, a slight improvement in throttle response and less heat bog. If you expect more, you will be disappointed. Exhaust is pretty much the same deal... you'll feel a little increase in throttle response but mostly it will be the increase in sound at WOT. The flip side is, the wrong choice in either of these can hurt performance i.e. HKS exhaust, short ram intake, PRM (in my experience).. if they restrict airflow, the money is wasted.
If performance is truely what you want, then you would need intake, exhaust and header to see the most durable gains i.e. after the new butt dyno wears off. IMO, for that amount of money, you could get gears and be a hell of lot more satisfied.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:24 AM

Saud2k - Thanks for the info, it helps alot!

Tedow - I
Old 04-16-2004, 06:48 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a clone of the AEM from 4IG (Check the group buy forum) It is about half the price of an AEM and it comes with a K&N air filter. I am VERY happy with it.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:53 PM

I will check that out. Im not able to get on the forum much but when I am I find valuble information about my car. I wish I could see all of the CAI on that picture, but even with out it, it still looks beautiful.

Thanks for letting me know of the 4IG. I may go with that.

Quick Reply: Intake question