S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Insurance Woes

Old 03-09-2001, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sev
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by RossoS2K
[b]Hey Sev,
I dont like hearing you bad mouth the company that I work for.
Old 03-09-2001, 02:51 PM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drmark
[B]Gentlemen, gentlemen......gentlemen,
Let's calm down!
Old 03-09-2001, 02:54 PM

I've been through that with many patients over the years, believe me I understand the "insurance" industry. Let's not wish harm on any other human being, life is too short the way it is.
Mark
Old 03-09-2001, 02:56 PM

No insurance agent or lawyers were injured or killed during the comments on this subject.
Old 03-09-2001, 02:58 PM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drmark
[B]I've been through that with many patients over the years, believe me I understand the "insurance" industry.
Old 03-09-2001, 03:08 PM

I was an auto adjuster for an insurance company several years ago and my experience is that most of the agents are GENERALLY on the same level as lawyers and dont give a shit about anybody as long as they get their commission check.

You should definitley contact an independant adjuster / public adjuster who will end up charging you a small fee but might be able to get the car declared a total loss.

The only thing is that the cars MARKET VALUE is definitely NOT $20K. I would thing more like $28k-$30K. We used to use a market value survey which was done by a company called CCC which was a listing of all the similar cars for sale by (make, model, year same as your car) being sold in the region / state / county etc.

I would estimate that at least 15-25% of the auto claims I adjusted intitially, ended up needing suplemental appraisals due to damage that was unseen at the first appraisal. It virtually impossible to get it 100% right 100% of the FIRST time.

The problem is that your insurance company has the legal right to attempt to repair the car before replacement (declaring total loss)If memory serves me correctly it states this somewhere in you auto policy.

I could only imagine if every time their was an accident and an insured had the choice to repair or replace at their discretion! You all think insurance rates and Insurance companies are unfair now, rates in this scenario would increase substantially. Whether you beleiev me or not insurnace companies generllay LOOSE money on charged premiums. Another words most insurance companies pay out more than the total premium charged. They make money on re-investing collected premiums. I used to see the same people file claims every few months for thousands of dollars. I once had a guy who made over 6 claims in a 12 month period. Total premium paid was like $3k-$5k and we paid him something like $60-$80K. And this was not a rare situation!
Old 03-09-2001, 03:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Power6Spd
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Tox
[b]Power6Spd, would you mind telling us which insurance company this is?
Old 03-09-2001, 04:02 PM

Rosso
Many of this nations most famous criminals were proud of what they did to make money.Take comfort in knowing that you are in good company. Are you by chance a Democrat???
Old 03-09-2001, 05:13 PM

Interesting that you have State Farm. I did some consulting for them a couple of years ago and got into an accident with one of their insured. For those that don't know, the buzz in the industry is that State Farm has a reputation for being a little, well, cheap when it comes to paying off. Anyway, I called the adjuster from an SF internal extention, and she called me right back. I explained the whole thing, and she asked me if I had a preference for a body shop. I said no, and she said, "We normally take people to X shop, but in this case I think we'll bring it to Y shop." The unspoken comment was, "We take our insured to X shop to get it fixed, but we take care of our employees and contractors better..."

Your mileage may vary.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:33 PM

I'll buy your red seats if you're parting the car out...

Quick Reply: Insurance Woes