S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Insurance Woes

Old 03-09-2001, 10:56 AM
Tox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power6Spd, would you mind telling us which insurance company this is? I sure as hell would like to know, 'cause I don't ever want to make the mistake of dealing with them.
Old 03-09-2001, 11:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tox
[B]Power6Spd, would you mind telling us which insurance company this is?
Old 03-09-2001, 11:11 AM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by usrbin
[B]I wrecked my 91 acura pretty bad on the FDR drive in NYC couple years back.
Old 03-09-2001, 11:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I suggest you get an expert to look it over. There are some guys who will go to the location with some tools and estimate the damage. Like a few have said, the initial low estimate on the damage is a trick by the body shop and insurance company to make you accept the deal. Once they start working they are bound to find alot more damage especially with a car like the s2k.
If the body shop knows the threshold for the car being totaled many will underestimated the repair to get the job. After all, if the car is declared a total loss by the insurance company the bodyshop loses the project.

Works both ways. One of my friends had a mint condition limited edition Trans AM that was going to be totaled by his insurance company. My friend wanted the car repaired because it was a hard to find car. The body shop offered to underestimate the damage so that he could keep the car if he let them do the restoration work. They would just "find" hidden damages to claim after the insurance company had ok'd the initial repair estimate.
Old 03-09-2001, 11:43 AM
Member (Premium)

Power6Spd,
I feel for you and the car. It will never be the same if they fix it. My state has an office to file appeals against your insurance company claims. I think the others have it right do not accept settlement and contest.

Best of luck.
Old 03-09-2001, 12:18 PM

Hey Sev,

I dont like hearing you bad mouth the company that I work for. Why dont you explain yourself...

I am an agent for Allstate Insurance and I am proud of what it is that I do.

I believe that I work for the best company in the business.

"Screw all insurance companies, all them and all their employees can die today and i would not careless"

Come over to my house tonight and say that to my 2 year-old daughter you punk and then explain to her that you want me to drop dead and see how it makes her feel a@@hole, never say that to another human being.

There is no place on this board for that kind of sh*t.

Theodore C Harris
Exclusive Agent
Allstate Insurance Company
403 Winchester St
Keene NH 03431
(603) 357-7000

If anyone else has insurance related questions or concerns, by all means feel free to contact me.
Old 03-09-2001, 12:24 PM

I'd agree that wishing or even joking about wishing death on people is a bit much. Nevertheless, the only thing worse than a lawyer (as I am) is an insurance agent.
Old 03-09-2001, 12:32 PM

itsjustme posted:

Tell your insurance company to go f*&k themselves. Under no circumstances take or cash any check from the Ins. Co. (it could be deemed as accepting the claim as paid). Call them back and tell them that you are contesting their settlement offer (and that is what it is, an offer, not a settlement). Go get an independent appraiser. Have them look at the car and give you an estimate. Take it to your ins. co. and see if they move their numbers. If not, then, as I think was discussed previously, I'd talk to an attorney. I don't know where you live, but I guarantee there are all sorts of rules, regulations, and laws, about how, when to what extent an ins.co. has to repair or replace things. Additionally, there may well be an independent adjustor requirement.

[Edited by RossoS2K on 03-09-2001 at 01:36 PM]
Old 03-09-2001, 02:36 PM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RossoS2K
[B]Hey Sev,

I dont like hearing you bad mouth the company that I work for.
Old 03-09-2001, 02:48 PM

Gentlemen, gentlemen......gentlemen,
Let's calm down! I agree with Rosso (and I can understand that he would take it personally)that extreme language is not appropriate here. I think an apology is called for.
I make a great deal of money from health care insurance and I believe itsjustme has some valid points. Sometimes you need some more information or expert opinion to move adjusters in the direction you want them to go, sometimes you need to file suit (Rosso you have to admit that insurance companies SOMETIMES don't have their policy holders best interests at heart). If you want a new car Power6 (if I were you) I'd have and independant expert (gonna cost some $$) go over the car and see what he thinks. Relax (it's going to take some time) and take it step by step and see where it goes. Just my 2 cents.
Mark
01 TheBlackBeast#0090

Quick Reply: Insurance Woes