S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Installing Ebach prokit

Old 09-23-2006, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recently got the pro kit installed and had the same issue. I have to say I'm disapointed with the look the springs gave the car . I had them "professionally" intalled and the folks over at the shop said they would settle down but I'm still waiting....................I wish I would have saved up for a damper system.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did the same thing!! we installed them incorrectly, but it was obvious when we looked at the car from the side.
changed it around and now it is great-
eibach needs to do something to make it more obvious which go where!!

took about a week or so for them to settle and then the best thing that i did is to have an aggressive street alignment done- made all the diff.
ludawg- before you do anything else, i suggest that you find the best alignment shop (one that knows racing would be a good choice) you can find and have them check your alignment. my car drove even tighter than when it was new after the alignment.

when done right, should look like this:

Old 09-24-2006, 11:13 AM

good info to know since i just ordered my Eibachs friday
Old 09-24-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by LuDawg,Sep 24 2006, 12:33 AM
I just recently got the pro kit installed and had the same issue. I have to say I'm disapointed with the look the springs gave the car . I had them "professionally" intalled and the folks over at the shop said they would settle down but I'm still waiting....................I wish I would have saved up for a damper system.
Some "professionals" are too proud to admit that they can't figure out which springs go in the front, so they guess, rather than calling Eibach and getting it right. Then some of them tell the customer that the car will settle. I know it's lame, but that's the way it goes sometime.

If you car is higher in the front than in the back the springs were not installed properly.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:25 PM

Wanabe- Thanks for the tip. I will get the alignment done. I went out to my car to check out the tire gap. In the front I can get two fingers in between the tire and the fender and only one finger in the back. Do you think I should have the shop check the springs? I've had these in for a couple months now so if there was any settling it would have happened by now. They are on stock struts so I don't know if that will make a differance.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by LuDawg,Sep 24 2006, 08:25 PM
I went out to my car to check out the tire gap. In the front I can get two fingers in between the tire and the fender and only one finger in the back. Do you think I should have the shop check the springs? I've had these in for a couple months now so if there was any settling it would have happened by now. They are on stock struts so I don't know if that will make a differance.
It sounds to me like either your springs are reversed, or the suspension wasn't loaded before everything was torqued down. I have a ProKit over stock shocks, and the front was *never* higher than the back. As the car settled, it settled evenly at both ends.

If I were you I'd get the car up in the air and look at the part numbers on the springs (because that's the easiest thing to check). If you have the right springs in the right locations then I'd try loosening everything up, loading the suspension, and then tightening everything back down. If none of that helps you should contact Eibach. In my experience their customer service has always been first rate.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:19 PM

RED MX5- I just jacked my car up and checked out the part numbers. The springs in the front have the part number ending in 2. According to S2KA these should be in the back. Those "Proffessionals" at the shop installed them backass ward. I am going to have them reinstall the springs....should I be concerned about my alignment? I've been rolling on these things for about 3 to 4 months now.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by LuDawg,Sep 28 2006, 08:19 PM
RED MX5- I just jacked my car up and checked out the part numbers. The springs in the front have the part number ending in 2. According to S2KA these should be in the back. Those "Proffessionals" at the shop installed them backass ward. I am going to have them reinstall the springs....should I be concerned about my alignment? I've been rolling on these things for about 3 to 4 months now.
Yes, you'll want to get the car aligned after the springs are installed in the proper locations. Also, make sure the suspension is pre-loaded before everything is torqued back down.

Eibach does not identify the springs clearly enough, so it's not entirely the shops fault. I'd like to think it could never happen at our shop, but you never know. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while.

Anyway, glad to hear that you've found the problem and are getting it fixed.

How did the car handle with the springs reversed?

Also, let us know what you think of the handling after you get the springs sorted out and the alignment done. I'm very pleased with the UK alignment specs.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:18 PM

im still trying to figure out whats wrong with my front springs i dont know where to take my car out here in santa clarita so i donno wha to do really.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 AM

It handles ok with them reversed. The enoying part is that I get flashed all the time because people think I have my high beams on. Since the back was lower then the front the light beam was hitting oncoming traffic at eye level. I'm going to call the shop and set up an appointment for next week.

Quick Reply: Installing Ebach prokit