S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Installing Ebach prokit

Old 09-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Ebach prokit

I am in the process of installing my ebachs with my Mechanice and i have a question about witch springs go where. There are 2 longer ones and 2 shorter ones. do the shorter ones go in the back because i looked at my stock springs and the shorter ones r in the back. Please let me know thank in advance
Old 09-16-2006, 06:03 PM

I had the same issue and called Eibach direct back in the day... Look at the part #'s printed on the side of each spring.. the # ending with 1 is your front spring. The part # ending with the # 2 is your rear.. theres no difference from left to right. Good luck with the install..
Chad-
Old 09-16-2006, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by milkbubble,Sep 16 2006, 09:03 PM
I had the same issue and called Eibach direct back in the day... Look at the part #'s printed on the side of each spring.. the # ending with 1 is your front spring. The part # ending with the # 2 is your rear.. theres no difference from left to right. Good luck with the install..
Chad-
LOL, I had the same issue, long ago. Eibach needs to put a note in the box or something.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:06 PM

damn i should of came back and looked at the forum before i installed them. i put the shorter ones in the back and the longer ones in the front just like the stock im not sure if thats what its suppose to be. the back seems alil lower than the front is this how it should be?
Old 09-16-2006, 07:28 PM

Double check the part #'s to be sure.. Also did you preload the suspension before tightening things down? That can cause height issues as well.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:28 PM

There is a spring that ends in 1AV and another that ends in 2HV are these the 1 and 2 that you are talking about because if thats the case then i have the springs on correctly but the front still lookgs alittle higheer than the front
Thanx again
Old 09-17-2006, 06:15 AM

It takes some time for the springs to settle as well.. if not that I would suspect the preloading.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:02 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Add to the mix that Eibach made the spring rates when the S2000 first came out and basically just took the stock rates and made them a little stiffer. So, the front are very soft and the back are very stiff.

Over the years Honda has adopted the opposite rates for the S2000, the AP2 springs are stiff up front and soft in the rear.

My Eibachs were always too high in the rear and too low in the front. Too much oversteer from the rear spring rates being so stiff. You might want to try them opposite of the factory recommendations!
Old 09-17-2006, 10:08 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

This link shows which numbers go where:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=303417
Old 09-17-2006, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by s2ka,Sep 17 2006, 01:02 PM
Add to the mix that Eibach made the spring rates when the S2000 first came out and basically just took the stock rates and made them a little stiffer. So, the front are very soft and the back are very stiff.

Over the years Honda has adopted the opposite rates for the S2000, the AP2 springs are stiff up front and soft in the rear.

My Eibachs were always too high in the rear and too low in the front. Too much oversteer from the rear spring rates being so stiff. You might want to try them opposite of the factory recommendations!
On the early cars like mine the Eibach Pro Kit doesn't make much of a difference in the handlilng. There was definately NOT more oversteer, but then the MY00-01 cars like mine start out with a much stronger bias toward oversteer. Interestingly, a clutch type LSD like the KAAZ moves the bias of the early cars to almost dead neutral; At least that's the case after the Pro Kit was installed, and should be the same on the stock springs (of the early cars).

Any MY after 01 is no doubt going to see the bias move toward oversteer, but the Pro Kit spring are NOT simply stiffer (and shorter), they also have a progressive rate, and the stock springs don't.

The OP's car should NOT sit higher in the front, and as others have suggested, I suspect the most likely cause is a failure to preload the suspension before tightening everything down. Or, the springs might be reversed. The problem with softer rear springs on the back of the early cars is that they allow more suspension movement, and more movement equates to more bump/roll steer. Honda also reworked the rear suspension geometry on the later cars to make them work with the softer rear springs. I'd be very careful about installing spring kits with the springs reversed, especially with the early cars.

Quick Reply: Installing Ebach prokit