S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

As if you need another reason

Old 03-19-2008, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As if you need another reason

Okay... first of all I normally hand wash my own car so put that flamethrower away.

Today at the car wash the attendant was telling how much he liked my car and he said

"... the only thing is sometimes we have BMW's here and their button turns the car OFF. I one time got confused and pressed the Honda's red button instead of turning the key."

Sure enough, another attendant, after parking my car, presses the button and I hear the screech of the starter.

Between hearing that and noticing a valet or wash attendant try to turn the key harder to start the ignition:

Argh.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:07 PM

Notice that the ones that turn the car on/off are usually labeled with start & stop, but ours only says "engine start".

Its not that hard to read.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they always have problems with that. I always ask them and they say "it's ok, I'll take care of it..." then I have to always go and turn the car on.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:21 PM

i already anticipate this with car washes and just pull my own car up to the vacums and leave it on
Old 03-19-2008, 01:23 PM

Maybe put a post-it over the button that says button is start only, turn off with key?
Old 03-19-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^lol
Old 03-23-2008, 12:12 AM

Valets for car washes? Never heard of such a thing. I just take mine to the local self-serve and wash it there once a week.

I wouldn't trust a valet with my car anyway. The only person other than me who's gotten to drive my S2000 since I bought it is my friend who let me drive his 500HP Charger.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:33 AM

this one time, valet parking attendant brought my car, and my windows were closed. and he couldnt open the door especially because it was dark. i kept telling the guy from outside, to lower the window and ill open it. but he just got confused and kept on looking around searching for unlock and started pressing things, one of which, the red button that he used to turn the car on......

valet parking people NEVER know how to unlockthe door. it's fine but why dont they just lower the window or turn the car off so at least it'll unlock.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:44 AM

Similar story about valet, not my car thankfully. (which after it happened. my g/f finally understood why I wouldn't want to take my car to a valet brushed car wash.)

This gentleman's car finishes coming through a brushed wash, and valet drivers scoot the cars forward to towel off what the dryers miss. This stupid little 16 year old girl, who CLEARLY should not have been operating a motor vehicle, let alone a manual trans gets into his car to move it forward. At first you can see the look on her face, like she's struggling to figure out if she put it in gear. All of a sudden I heard the most ATROCIOUS 1st gear grind. Like she didn't even bother with the clutch. I almost cried for the guy. (It was an 07 Civic Si btw)

The look on her face was great. The whole "I'm a young girl and stupid don't get mad at me please i think I'm going to cry" look. The reaction from everyone else around her was even better.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:24 AM

Don't you need to press the clutch for the starter to grind??? ie. even if the key's in, and you press the start button ... nothing should happen ...

The guy must be an idiot ...

Quick Reply: As if you need another reason