S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!

Old 09-14-2004, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a quote from Bush himself.
Bush added that "the really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway."

It's not that complicated. I will be honest, I can show you tax figures that show the wealthy pay 50% of their income in taxes, I can also show you figures that show that they pay 15-19%. There is no way to truly know because there are plenty of ways to hide income from the IRS that would never show up on these statistics, legally or otherwise. So arguing over it is moot point IMO. I know, because I am being hit with AMT this year and am trying to shelter as much money as possible. If you know anyone with a "small business" you know how easy it is to right off huge sections of your taxes if not all of them.

Dave is right, it's not black and white. That was my point with the original story about the poor child that worked SO hard then the evil government came and helped the slacker. Sorry, but at my school the rich kids had their parents buy them into private school. How does that fit into the story? I wouldn't care except the kids that were trying hard had a spot taken from them. Is that fair?

I think we all need to settle down and realize that 90% of the political agenda is BS and there isn't any difference in the parties anyway. Steve you are right, the assault weapons ban is just a political tool. It's the same reason Kerry looks like such a flip flopper. He is put in an awkward position were he can't attack Bush on the War on Terror or the assault on civil liberties because he knows that Bush will easily win on the concept of fear. That's why I have no respect for either canidate.

France isn't Saddam's best friend. France and Russia had oil rights to the country, it's pretty simple, they didn't want to lose them. Just like we went in there to get them. There are NO TIES between Al Queda and Saddam though. Period. Osama thinks that Saddam is a heretic, and the Al Queda strongholds are in Northern Iraq, the section that Saddam did NOT have control over. As far as Hamas is concerned, I am not going to get into that. That battle has gone on for centuries and always will both sides are completely insane IMO.

The UN has a horrible human rights record?? Are you kidding? You are supporting someone who was governor of Texas who put to death more people then every other first world nation combined? So my words don't get TWISTED again. I am a semi-believer in capital punishment, but the way that it breaks down in this country is if you aren't white and you don't have money, you get the death penalty. I mean they put to death someone that was mentally disabled for God's sake.

Finally, you know there is a political forum for this. Maybe this should be moved there.

Old 09-14-2004, 08:03 AM

whoa, i thought this thread was about honda? JACKED!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:31 AM

I really don't want to get into a political debate in the S2000 talk forum, so I won't.

What I will do is point people to a political debate forum.

Mods: If you find that my linking a different forum unacceptable, please feel free to delete the link.

DTMan.com

The owner may be right(wing), but all viewpoints are debated equally.

P.S.
Damn, you guys just suck down the drivel that the Republican party feeds you without even stopping to think! Quit sucking on that bottle of lies and instead try to open your mind, read a bit and think critically.
Damn, you just suck down the drivel that the Democratic party feeds you without even stopping to think! Quit sucking on that bottle of lies and instead try to open your mind, read a bit and think critically.

Sorry, too easy. I claim no party, just taking a jab when it's sooooo easy.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by iamjosh,Sep 14 2004, 11:03 AM
whoa, i thought this thread was about honda? JACKED!
Yeah, Silverknight, look what you started by entitling a thread "I'll never buy another Honda again!" You should be ashamed......
Old 09-14-2004, 08:46 AM

Yeah, feel real sorry for someone that said.

"oh you live in san fran hippy rainbow city? Now I know why you act like this"

Also, SK, I have to be one of the biggest Family Guy fans, have them all on DVD. But could you please stop posting those huge pictures of Stewie. Every thread I go to I see 5 of them.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=D-04,Sep 14 2004, 08:00 AM]
The UN has a horrible human rights record??
Old 09-14-2004, 09:32 AM

I live 15 minutes from Hardtopguy (Jeff and Joe @ Ganley), my experiences and always great! I am just lucky that way!