S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!

Old 09-12-2004, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geppetto,Sep 11 2004, 11:54 PM
I spend a great deal of time trying to teach the students that they are making choices now that will have consequences for the rest of their lives. When my students choose to do a crappy job, and in turn choose to get a bad grade, they know that they are choosing a certain path.
Well said. I tell my own kids: "Either you work hard while in college, or you work hard the rest of your life."
Old 09-12-2004, 09:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by geppetto,Sep 11 2004, 11:54 PM
People who make bad choices are always blaming everyone else, while the ones who worked hard and make smart choices are expected to support the slackers.

Of course, not being and American, I really have no business poking my nose in here. BTW, I would consider myself the Canadian equivalent of a Democrat.

Cheers
Hate to say it, but you sound like a republican.

democrats are all about taking from those who made good choices and giving it to those who made bad ones. Rich people enjoy relatively few government services while millions of poor who pay NO taxes enjoy a very large part of it. I'm not saying poor people all made bad choices but the vast majority did.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steven975,Sep 12 2004, 09:54 AM
Hate to say it, but you sound like a republican.

democrats are all about taking from those who made good choices and giving it to those who made bad ones. Rich people enjoy relatively few government services while millions of poor who pay NO taxes enjoy a very large part of it. I'm not saying poor people all made bad choices but the vast majority did.

Maybe I'm an in-betweener...
Old 09-13-2004, 09:53 PM

If Bush wasn't in office you wouldn't have had such a bad experience. There's something about a lying, cheating, administration with better press than rationale for getting Americans killed that makes Honda dealerships behave badly. Ok, maybe there's no causal relationship, but other than that it's true. Open your eyes America.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:02 PM

riiiiight mr flip flop
Old 09-13-2004, 10:12 PM

Damn, you guys just suck down the drivel that the Republican party feeds you without even stopping to think! Quit sucking on that bottle of lies and instead try to open your mind, read a bit and think critically.

Steven---you sound like you've read too much Ayn Rand. It's not so black and white kid. Most people are in the middle--not getting a free ride on the backs of others, but paying the majority of the taxes in this country.

Our current administration are international bullies and liars.
- Bush lied about Iraq (Read Richard Clark's book--a guy from W's administration)
- There is *no* connection between Iraq and terrorism. (!)
- His "war on terror" hasn't weakend Al Queda, but by being a unilateralist and breaking international law he has has galvanized the planet against America.
- Why are we spending 87Billion on Iraq when a huge percentage of Americans don't even have basic health care?
- Why have we been ignoring nations who actually do harbor terrorists (Saudi Arabia)? Hmmm, maybe the Bush family is a bit tight with them?
- Why ignore nations that actually pose a threat like N. Korea? Hmmm, no oil interests, why bother...

Quit watching Fox News and read from both sides and THINK.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:19 PM

richard clarke uhhhhhh he was selling a book he was lying, you sound like you are reading the democratic talking points line!!

QUIT WATCHING YOUR CNN and read man!!

Oh and BUSH is up by 5-12 points depending on the poll, and keey keeps flip flopping saying he wants to be in iraq and now iraq is wrong come on man!! Dude is finished hes in panick mode a la Howard Dean now.

Oh and FLip flopper jus tpissed the NRA off, dems never learn their lesson, thats what cost them their seats in 94 and gore several states. Dont piss the NRA OFF!!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:20 PM

oh you live in san fran hippy rainbow city? Now I know why you act like this
Old 09-13-2004, 10:52 PM

Actually I don't watch CNN. Richard Clark has *not* been proven to be a liar. Read the book--it would open your eyes as to how Iraq was sold via lies and patriotic bluster to the American public and jammed down the throats of the international community. W made us many enemies.

Kerry hasn't flipfloped on Iraq--that's just Bush people's attempt at taking him down. He voted for the right for the president to make the decision to take the country for war and he's against the way Bush did it. No flip flop, but Bush is trying to make him look weak. Things are a bit more complex and the Bushies are counting that Americans like you will just swallow what they say hook, line and sinker.

Bush not renewing the Assault Weapons Ban is pure politics. Why would you *not* renew it other than for fear of the NRA? It's got broad support in the country with Police, etc. *except* with the (very powerful) gun lobby. How sad that politics are getting in the way of keeping people safe. Al Queda mentioned in a handbook that American gun laws make it easy to secure serious weapons here. No need to say more. Bush failed by not renewing it.

Dude, please read the arguments of both sides vs. just swallowing the Republican line.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=davepatchen,Sep 13 2004, 10:12 PM]
Steven---you sound like you've read too much Ayn Rand.

Quick Reply: I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!