S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!

Old 09-10-2004, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bkw,Sep 10 2004, 07:27 AM
i've owned 12 honda's and will never own another one again. i just dont understand why theres such a huge disparity from acura customer service and honda's customer service! it's horrible all the way down the line from the top, from their north american customer service representatives to their dealerships, i will never use my hard earned money to purchase another honda branded vehicle ever again.
And I've had 2 Hondas and haven't been dissatisfied with the customer service at all. If I had, I'd probably have stopped buying Hondas long before I reached my 12th one
Old 09-10-2004, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres a funny story

[QUOTE]
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and had grown to be in strong favor for the distribution of all wealth in America. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch conservative, which she expressed openly.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and more welfare programs. In the middle of her heart felt diatribe based upon the lectures she had from her far left professors at her school, he stopped her and asked her point blank how she was doing in school.

She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. That she was taking a more difficult curriculum.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Mary." She replied, "Mary is barely getting by", she continued, "all she has is barely a 2.0 GPA" adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies."

But to explain further she continued emotionally, "But Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter visibly shocked by the father
Old 09-10-2004, 01:37 PM

You know, I just want to say I hate stories like the one posted above. Whoever says that lower income people don't work hard has never done any manual labor. People need to step back and realize just how lucky we are. Just because one person has more money then another does not mean they work harder and therefore deserve more of it.

Oh and BTW, most "wealthy" people pay a LOWER percentage of taxes each year in relation to the middle class. Why, because they have so many loopholes and lawyers to take care of them. Nevermind their good buddies in office. If a flat tax was put on the ballot I would vote for it in a second. The "wealthy" wouldn't though, they like people thinking they pay more then they truly do.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:18 PM

D-04: from my point of view your statement make u look like a moron......

Just because manual labor workers work hard does not mean they deserve a higher pay. Yes, I'm a manual laborer (i work at disney), but just because i work hard does not mean i deserve a higher wage for my job.

I have 2 positions at disney, 1 as a steward and another at the bar. I push dishes into a machine as a steward and make about $8.64 an hour, while those who've been there longer make $12. Do I think stewards should make $9-$12 an hour pushing dishes into a machine? NO......hell no.....yes i work relatively hard as a steward but its an idiot job that gets me about $60 a day (after taxes) working 8 hours.

Just because you work hard does not mean you deserve a high pay. If you want a higher paying job,.....COMPETE for it, be BETTER then the people around you.

This is how I'm trying to make more money

I'm currently thinking about getting a bartending certificate and maybe apply for a bartending job somewhere.

For me to do this,.....i have to get educated (bartending school), combine my bar experience at disney, and compete better then the people around me by being faster and better.

and of course i'm currently going to college to get my bio chem degree.......;-)......and maybe someday be a pharmacist, doctor, etc.

for a better example.......

This is how unions at disney is messing up the company.........workers are definetly over payed from my point of view. There's also the few lazy people/morons that no one wants to work with, but the company can't get rid of.

PS.

jobs are leaving the US because our wages are too high.....

think about it.

Pretend you just open a fast food place and you are hiring new employees.....

2 people apply for a cashier position. Both can do the same job equally well, but 1 of them is willing to accept the job at $6.75 an hour while the other want $10.00. Who would YOU hire?

Old 09-10-2004, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by daabc,Sep 10 2004, 03:18 PM
D-04: from my point of view your statement make u look like a moron......
Wow, you are right, I sure looked like a moron

I never said that everyone should make the same amount of money. I said that the money you earn is not a direct relation to how HARD you work. Anyway, the whole tax system is based on percentages, my point is that everyone should pay the same percentage. Or would you like our federal budget to be split equally among everyone?

I am glad you are trying to work smarter rather then harder, more power to you man. But you totally missed my point.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:33 PM

there was a story on 20/20 a few months back....

one of those john stossels "give me a break" stories........according to him

the top 1% of the wealthy pays for a bulk of our taxes, i'm not quite sure of the exact figures, but u get the idea

do i believe what he says?.........i never look into it and i don't really care too much

and.......

People work harder yet make less money then others because they aren't competitive enough in the job market. People shouldn't be paid more money because they think they "deserve" it. They should be paid more if they are actually better then the "alternative". That's why they get paid less for working relatively harder........

Our tax system don't tax everyone equally, the more you make the higher the percentage you get taxed......especially when the democrats control the government.

Old 09-11-2004, 09:48 AM

I am neither a bush or kerry supporter, but I think I will vote for bush because kerry has always seemed to wishy-washy to me. I think that the leader of this country needs to be a strong one, to fight for what he believes is wrong [EDIT: "to fight for what he believes is right" oops.. haahha]. I dont think Kerry can do that... he is too worried about politics and making everyone else happy.

Here is a video my friend showed me that shows exactly that. I understand that it was made by the GOP and the clips may have been taken out of context, but they are still words coming out of kerry's mouth and I think that means something.

enjoy
Old 09-11-2004, 10:30 AM

that sux.. not wanting to buy a car based on the service department. if you base your car buying decision on that instead of the car itself, well that's your choice

-= joe =-
Old 09-11-2004, 11:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=D-04,Sep 10 2004, 03:48 PM] Wow, you are right, I sure looked like a moron
Old 09-11-2004, 11:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

This will sound a little cold, but I teach senior high school students. Many of the students work very hard, putting fun second to their studies. These kids are succeeding and will continue to succeed in the future. A second, fairly large group of kids is the exact opposite. They choose to party with their friends, slack off every chance they get and, in general, don't meet the expectations.

When the end of the year roles around, the kids that have worked hard are accepted into Universities, where they move toward high paying careers, while the slackers end up heading toward the low paying jobs that require little skill.

I spend a great deal of time trying to teach the students that they are making choices now that will have consequences for the rest of their lives. When my students choose to do a crappy job, and in turn choose to get a bad grade, they know that they are choosing a certain path. People who make bad choices are always blaming everyone else, while the ones who worked hard and make smart choices are expected to support the slackers.

Of course, not being and American, I really have no business poking my nose in here. BTW, I would consider myself the Canadian equivalent of a Democrat.

Cheers

Quick Reply: I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!