S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!

Old 09-09-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, I was going to remark about you being a Bush supporter too... But anyway, I think all dealers have problems! Some just handle their customers better than others and the ones out by you sound to be ass's!

Get this, my car has been having problems pulling to the right, they fixed it, but it has come back. So I take my car in today so the service manager can drive it tomorrow and figure out what it up with it. While I'm waiting for one of the service guys to write up a ticket tyis goofball comes out of the service door and rams my freaking car with a piece of latus!!! I say, "Hey, you just hit my car!" He looks at me and walks off!!! So I tell the second in charge guy and he gets a wax crayon out and circles what I believe is the result. Anyway, this isn't the first thing to happen at the dealer, the front bumpber also got scratched up, so bad they replaced it, and they chipped the paint by the key hole. What it comes down to is that people don't care about other people stuff.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

knight, tsbs are NOT the same as warranty items. they are generally covered under factory warrantys. HondaCare is NOT a factory warranty.

Anyway, you went into a dealer for the first time and asked for a freebee (that is $15 to fix). They said no. Big surprise.

I had the window problem on my S I bought in May. I asked the dealer about it and they said they'd look at it and decide if goodwill was warranted. I would have had to pay a half hour labor for diagnostics...no big deal.

Instead I make an appointment for the 45K service and let them do $250 in high margin work. I made a few trips there to get the axle click looked at as well. I developed a rapport with a service rep, and...

Bang, they fixed the window regulator for FREE and did the axle click work FREE (I told them what to do to save diagnostic work). He was appreciative of all the S2000 issues I discussed with him. They almost never get S2000s in so no one there knows anything not in the book.

Bottom line, throw them some business and they will likely help you out with something. Drive in the first time on an unwarranted car neither bought or serviced by them and you can't expect much. Goodwill is not automatic; the dealer takes a risk...and that's what the diagnostic fee is for. It's worth a try, but I'd at least do a service with them, something beyond an oil change.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:04 PM

I would never purchase a Honda again either. 2 in a row and terrible customer service with both cars. Sorry Honda you lost me!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by steven975,Sep 9 2004, 10:37 PM
Instead I make an appointment for the 45K service and let them do $250 in high margin work. I made a few trips there to get the axle click looked at as well. I developed a rapport with a service rep, and...

Bang, they fixed the window regulator for FREE and did the axle click work FREE (I told them what to do to save diagnostic work). He was appreciative of all the S2000 issues I discussed with him. They almost never get S2000s in so no one there knows anything not in the book.

Bottom line, throw them some business and they will likely help you out with something. Drive in the first time on an unwarranted car neither bought or serviced by them and you can't expect much. Goodwill is not automatic; the dealer takes a risk...and that's what the diagnostic fee is for. It's worth a try, but I'd at least do a service with them, something beyond an oil change.
What you wrote here is pretty much right on. I work for a dealer (Not Honda) and we see theese issues every day. If we have some rapport with a customer we will go out of our way to try and cover something for them, if for some reason it's not. This kind of thing is important to retain our customer base.

If a customer just walks in, didn't purchase the car here, dosent do ANY maintainence here why should we go to bat for them? If we "Good Will" a repair for a customer we have to then get authorization from our District Manager to get paid for it. If for any reason he deny's the claim we are stuck eating the repair.

It's always best to develop some kind of good relationship with a dealer. Even better a Tech. That way you have some trust when you drop your baby off for repairs.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:28 PM

Actually total price with inspection would be $250-300 for a strap?? I'm buying a set for $15 and doing the fix myself which should take 10-30min and the straps are stronger and wider. Thank God for S2k inovative users!!

I did take a drive and looking at my pretty Silver S in the night lights made me feel a lil better.

Its not the point I feel like they tried scamming me for $$ and treated me disrespectfully.
I came in as an experiment. I wanted to see how they would treat me likein case I was going to go in for service and trust them with my S2k or buy another s2k got it?

If they could have at least been hospitable instead of bs bs bs then I would go there in the future.

Oh and damn you Kerry flip flop supporters!! Bush is up by 14 points in some battleground states
Old 09-09-2004, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Sep 9 2004, 11:28 PM
Actually total price with inspection would be $250-300 for a strap?? I'm buying a set for $15 and doing the fix myself which should take 10-30min and the straps are stronger and wider. Thank God for S2k inovative users!!
Dont get me wrong...I totally agree that $300.00 to replace a strap seem's a bit excessive I'm guessing the wanted to charge you diag time. I could understand that if they actually need to diagnose something, but in this case you asked them to preform a service and they simply wanted to make up a few hours at your expense. Or at least it sure look's that way. More then likely they never preformed the repair before and they didn't want a tech to loose time on the repair. If you ever feel that you are being charged too much for a repair, ask how many flat rate hours you are being billed for, and then ask to see the labor time schedule for that repair. Most dealers go by either a Mitchell labor time guide or the factory warranty time schedule. If they cant produce anything, more then likely they are just making up a time for the repair.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:07 PM

I know they didn't belive me that I knew what was wrong, they tried to scare me by saying WE DONT GIVE OUT REFUNDS several times if this isnt the problem. I even showed them the TSB papers, pictures on modifrys site that matches the exact position of mine yet they still wanted a full 1-1.5 hour insepction and I d have to pay!!
man its sad when you can't trust dealers to touch your car I'm sure they would have ed something up.

I even watned to show them a demonstration and she ignored me. I'm still pretty missled but it will go away soon when I sleep....
Old 09-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by honda606,Sep 9 2004, 05:01 PM
This is the kind of karma you should expect being a Bush supporter.
Just kidding, Silver!

But, you should've brought me. I've never had any problem with asking dealerships to do stuff, from changing my window, leather seats, clutch, etc. to replacing the engine for free (well, mostly free). Seriously, whenever I spoke, they listened to every word and obeyed. I came in and said "I'd like to speak to your manager please!" Then I said to the manager: "My leather is not looking very good, I'd like it to be replaced." They pretty much did everything I had ever asked.

Well, they better have, or else I would've shouted out: "RACISM! RACISM!" hehehe... Just kidding there!

Good luck next time, Silver, if things go wrong again. But do buy a Honda again!
Old 09-09-2004, 09:21 PM

well you had the reg warranty not extended yella
Old 09-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Sep 9 2004, 09:21 PM
well you had the reg warranty not extended yella
Well, a lot of people on here have had trouble asking dealerships to do anything, under either regular and extended. The people who have complained are countless. But not in my experience.

Quick Reply: I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!