S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!

Old 09-09-2004, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!

As some of you may know I had one strap lose its elasticity which is no biggy and I can get a strap from a member and do it but I wanted to see how the Honda delaerships are like in my area and how they handle problems. This problem is a TSB one hour labor, and I have a certified Honda with Honda car exteneded warranty..........

Went to three different dealerships........Honda of Fife, South Tacoma Way Honda and Capitol Honda. Fife was the worst.

Basically they shut me down on the TSB which is no prob but they didnt even bring up good will until I asked them to and then didnt even want to talk about it. I get this reaction from all three. Fife even had a girl who jumped in my s2k and was about to drive off and I didnt what the @#@@! she was going to do with it. All she told me was wait while she gets me papers and next thing I know who the #@#!@ is in my s2k about to start it?? I run outside and I'm like I told you what the problem!!! ( I told her this 100 times and even showed her the TSB papers). She didnt care and insisted I get an inspectin for an hour and a half to make sure that wasn't the problem?? I know my car inside and out better than you@!##@!@! and she still didnt belive me. At this time I say were you going to tell me about the charge before you drove her off? She said I would have been charged if the s2k was rbought in the garage and I'm like I didnt tell you to take her anywhere and I could go on and on and on......her bsing about goodwill and saying her dealership doesnt do it and no others she knowds of?? Shes lucky service manager was on break............

Tacoma was some guy who kept telling me same thing, WE have to do a full insepction which will cost me $$$ when this TSB is only an hours worth of labor so even IF i did get the TSB covered I would have payed for the inspection which doesnt make sense and the same bs spoutson and on.....

Capitol Honda was actually nice but even they said if I don't do all my oil changes there and service and was a reg customer there then forger about it........

I never got this at Nissan Dealers!! They didnt care where I was from......I had 3 Nissan and tried Honda for the first time with my S2K. I love my s2k and all but I'm so pissed I #$#@@##@ HATEyour service HONDA. This is making me thinking of selling my s2k soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

I now know why other s2k members want this to be an Acura car, Honda you think all your customers drive 10k cars or something and you arent ready to handle the fact that YOU sell cars that are 30k!!! Then you need ot take care of them. Half your service people didnt know crap about an s2k!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant over..........Glad I hit the weights got rid of my stress there but still pissed now Time to go to class.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:00 PM
WPS

wow that is awful.

in all honesty, if you say that you wont buy another car again. my own
xperience nissan ,bmw, mercedes, honda sux.

dealerrater
Old 09-09-2004, 05:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the kind of karma you should expect being a Bush supporter.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by honda606,Sep 9 2004, 05:01 PM
Old 09-09-2004, 05:21 PM

My experience with Nissan is that they are sub par in dealership and car build. I really really dislike my 98 maxima. a lot.

But since dealerships are privately owned, it's really roll of the dice. You would expect that a "premium" brand dealership be good, but my buddy in Little Rock said that his Infinity dealership is extremely bad. Scratch up peoples car, can never fix anything, stain seats and carpets, etc etc.

So it's roll of the dice.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ACURA is by far the best customer service i've had....my worried about my local honda dealership...i heard they don't know jack $hit... sorry to hear your problems, but that still shouldn't keep you away from your S...now should it?
Old 09-09-2004, 05:32 PM

i've had nothing but bad service from the local (charlotte, nc) acura dealership...so don't necessarily expect better service b/c acura is a "premium" brand. the entire time i owned an rsx-s i was treated like a second class citizen...i was told by one of the service personnel that this was the norm at this dealership b/c the rsx is the "low end acura" and this type of treatment was to be expected...to which i replied "bs!!" and refused to return. of course i ended up trading the rsx in for the s2k so it became (luckily) a moot point.

so far the honda dealership has treated me like a million bucks. of course it might help that i am good friends with one of the mechanics...

good luck!
Old 09-09-2004, 05:48 PM

SilverKnight, calm down, take a deep breath. Take your car out for a drive.

As others have said, finding good dealer service is a crap-shoot, with any manufacturer. You may think Toyota or Nissan is good compared to Honda, but that is because your local Toyota dealer or your local Nissan dealer is better, not because the Toyota brand or the Nissan brand is better. You will find good and bad service managers regardless of brands or manufacturers.

As I told you in your other thread, getting TSBs done is a matter of your relationship with the service manager. So, here is my suggestion: Your problem is not a significant one, it does not have to be solved or fixed immediately. Therefore, take a few months, go visit the service manager you think you'd have the best chance of being a decent guy/gal, and build up a relationship with him/her. Let them have some of your business. Let them know that you are willing to give them some of your money. In return, they will treat you like a real customer. Then, you can bring up the issue of the top and ask about the TSB. As I said, TSBs can be done at any time, so don't worry about the warranty period. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get the service manager on your side if you treat them decently. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by honda606,Sep 10 2004, 02:01 AM
haha OWNED!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:25 PM
dut

Quick Reply: I Will NEVER buy a HONDA again!