S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I need help from the NJ guys, I crashed my S2 today!!

Old 03-09-2004, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrong button
Old 03-09-2004, 11:47 AM

It sounds like you should both share fault. The taxi had a stop sign. He should yield. You were clearly using the turn lane to bypass traffic not make an immediate left turn. I would say 50% fault for each would be fair.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gaebril
Actually NJ drivers are ok. We're over populated which doesn't help. Besides, its the out of staters who cause trouble. Those damn Benny's.... erp New Yorkers cause more accidents in NJ than NJ'rs do. The worst drivers I've ever seen where actually Marylanders. They think the left lane is the slow lane and have ZERO concept of tire pressure. The idea of stopping for a flat BEFORE the tire shreds is a
Old 03-09-2004, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Speedster
Its not your fault, but I think it was avoidable. Try not to do anything with your insurance and lean on the taxi guy as much as you can.

I think the accident occured at a small intersection with a STOP sign (for the taxi) PRIOR to the red light intersection further down. But correct me if I'm wrong. Also Jersey is known for having very bad drivers, based on many insurance reports. No flame intended, but it is what it is.
Hey, I was just responding to the NJ driver assessment posted earlier

And if you've ever driven in Maryland you'd know what I mean.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by GeorgeP
It sounds like you should both share fault. The taxi had a stop sign. He should yield. You were clearly using the turn lane to bypass traffic not make an immediate left turn. I would say 50% fault for each would be fair.
I hope you're kidding, how was I using the left lane to bypass traffic, I was going to make a left turn about 400 ft. down the lane into a parking lot. What was I supposed to do, stay to the right with the traffic and cut across the turn lane and make my left turn at the last minute??? , the turn lane is there for a reason and I was using it for the purpose intended.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:39 AM

I hope you're kidding, how was I using the left lane to bypass traffic, I was going to make a left turn about 400 ft. down the lane into a parking lot. What was I supposed to do, stay to the right with the traffic and cut across the turn lane and make my left turn at the last minute??? , the turn lane is there for a reason and I was using it for the purpose intended.

Hey HighRevvin, time to adjust your outlook. The accident is his fault, not yours. Anytime you leave a stop sign to enter the flow of traffic it is your responsibility to enter safely. I have been involved in many accidents and collected on others peoples insurance companies in similar situations. It's similar to the situation where you make a left turn in front of oncoming traffic and cause an accident, even worse because he had a stop sign.

No tickets issued is good. Get the police report with his insurance information and submit a claim to his insurance company. The one big assumption is that the police report will support the story on this website. Many cops write "neutral" reports to avoid trouble.

BTW , no fault in NJ refers to the PIP protection. If you and I were involved in an accident with injuries, then both of us would submit medical bills to our own insurance companies. If it was determined that I caused the accident and you had liability protection only then you could submit a claim to my insurance company for your vehicle damage. I have been driving with liability only protection only in NJ for the last 13 years and have submitted claims like these over the years.

Good Luck.

Old 03-10-2004, 06:57 AM

I am afraid that things will not go well for you on this. Regardless of what else happened, you hit someone from behind, this generally means that it is your fault, no matter what else happened. I know, I know it doesn't make sense, but I believe that is how the insurance company is going to look at it.

Please keep us posted on this, I am very interested to se how this plays out for my own, and evey one elses edumacation. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fanoftheliving
I am afraid that things will not go well for you on this.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:35 AM

well I got screwed on the report, the officer wrote a neutral report, he put me as being inattention and he forgot to put down that the intersection had a stop sign. Im thinking about getting a lawyer and taking action against the Police dept if the officer doesn't change it. This is the most aggrivating process ive ever been through.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:50 AM

yeah, sue the officer, the police department, the other driver, the other driver's insurance, and oh hell sue my insurance too.