S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I need help from the NJ guys, I crashed my S2 today!!

Old 03-04-2004, 02:07 PM

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

I don't follow your story exactly. How did 2 cars get in the intersection if there was a traffic light as you stated in your second post? Someone had to run the light, right?

A good driving tip: If you can't see around a large vehicle, assume there is another vehilce on the other side of it....until you have visual confirmation proving otherwise!
Old 03-04-2004, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree; story does not make sense.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:02 PM

Its not your fault, but I think it was avoidable. Try not to do anything with your insurance and lean on the taxi guy as much as you can.

I think the accident occured at a small intersection with a STOP sign (for the taxi) PRIOR to the red light intersection further down. But correct me if I'm wrong. Also Jersey is known for having very bad drivers, based on many insurance reports. No flame intended, but it is what it is.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:31 PM

It appears that the light was up ahead at the next corner - traffic was just backed up to this intersection.

Oops - Speedster beat me to it.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:04 PM

Ahhh, now I get it. Yeah, taxi is at fault.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:04 PM

just wanted to say love your diagram!
Old 03-04-2004, 11:32 PM

I would talk with your insurance agent first and see what they think.
Personally i think it's there fault since they had the stop sign.
Worst case is you both claim it through your own insurance company.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:00 AM

i'd go easy on the part about you travelling 30mph in a "turn only" lane. sounds excessive and certainly contributed to your ability to control your vehicle.

$0.02
Old 03-09-2004, 10:29 AM

ok, im gonna try to explain a lil more, traffic was backed up and the light was further up ahead, the black cars on the side of me are on the right lane waiting at the light, the lane im in is a left turn only lane in which i was traveling about 30mph but the left turn was down further about 400 ft. The taxi had the stop sign, I didn't have anything. The taxi driver pulled out last minute on me while I was approaching the intersection on the right, I had no time to brake wat so ever. hope that clears things up.
Thanx for the responses guys, im missing my s2k =(
Old 03-09-2004, 11:38 AM

Actually NJ drivers are ok. We're over populated which doesn't help. Besides, its the out of staters who cause trouble. Those damn Benny's.... erp New Yorkers cause more accidents in NJ than NJ'rs do. The worst drivers I've ever seen where actually Marylanders. They think the left lane is the slow lane and have ZERO concept of tire pressure. The idea of stopping for a flat BEFORE the tire shreds is a foreign concept. But I digress.

The only similar accident sorry I can tell you that may help is one that happened in my eclipse. I pulled into a bank parting lot behind... yep a taxi, who strangely enough was on his first day.... hmmm. Anyway, he stopped so I stopped. He threw his car into reverse and hit the gas, slammed into my front right corner for $2500 in damages. I managed to honk my horn just before the hit, the dumbass never even looked behind him. Called the police for a report (he tried the lets just swap insurance bs, NEVER EVER DO THAT as you can get royally screwed if it was the other guys fault and he denies it). Anyway long story short I had my insurance company fix the car (cause they let me use a shop where I know the work quality) and they billed the the Taxi's insurance company. I got my deductible back 2 months later (other company tried to fight the claim) but the police report stated point blank it wasn't my fault and I couldn't have avoided it.

I have NJ Manufactures insurance, probably one of the best in the state though, so I don't know if you could pull off the same outcome. NJM helped me when I took my eclipse to a jiffy lube and they tried to back the car out of the garage with the car's door open. They tried to deny the claim too but NJM got the damage fixed, their money, and my deductible back.

Good luck man, but definately try to get them to pay for it. If I hadn't used my insurance company to get the claim delt with though I would have had to wait an extra month for the other insurance company to give the shop approval to do the work.

NJM, gotta love'm. (their Non profit too, so they aren't looking to gouge anyone). But you can't have points when you sign up your they'll deny you.

Quick Reply: I need help from the NJ guys, I crashed my S2 today!!