S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I need to contact Honda Corp

Old 07-06-2005, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had this done a few weeks ago. The thing is that the "Good Will" repairs are determined by the Regional Service manager. If he says "no" you are outta luck. I originally got a quote of $1100 to do the work at the dealership. They ended up doing the TSB free because I was having all sorts of problems with the brake system (sticking rear calipers) and it was a certified car. They kinda felt bad for me, and did the TSB and gave me a new top on top of the brake work.

Seeing as you did not buy directly from the dealer, I am surprised they did not just shrug you off. If you contact American Honda, chances are that they will tell you it is up to the Regional Service Manager and the dealers.......Good Will replacements are usually a dealer level thing....to retain customers for future purchases.

"clutches aren't under warranty."
^ Clutches are considered "wear related" items and are not covered under the warranty. Neither are brakes or CV joints. It all depends on the dealer and the service rep you talk to. Go directly to the service manager....skip the peons. If they deny the service, just let them know that you will be contacting their Quality Control department and will give negative feedback (dealers always want HIGH feedback, so they can claim they are "Best")

If it is not covered under Good Will..still get it done.....there is a TON of difference. Now I am not scared to hover the RPM's around 4k around town (I was scared something was going to break if I did).

Good luck with it, and just keep bugging them. They might just perform the TSB to get you off their backs.

John
Old 07-06-2005, 06:38 AM

$600 for the labor, probably $300 retail for the disc
You need more than the friction disc. You need new retainer springs and pressure plate as well. These can be had online for around $400 combined.

John
Old 07-06-2005, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Jul 6 2005, 08:10 AM

I bought my car used and had just about everything done but this. To this day it buzzes, but I was told by my Honda rep (I am a Honda dealer) that this particular TSB would have to go under goodwill and he would rather save a goodwill for me for something more troubling down the road.

I'm going to be replacing my clutch soon, so that should take care of it for me.

How many miles are on the car you're trying to get done?
I just popped the 50K mark on her this past weekend. the buzz has been there since I took delivery of her about a year and a half ago. I chalked it up tothe sound of the car being fairly new to performance autos in general.

It was not until I read through some of these TSB's on this site (thanks Cthree) that i realized that what i was experiencing might be clutch buzz. Thanks for all the input. Iwill call the number and see what happens.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jwa4378,Jul 6 2005, 06:38 AM
You need more than the friction disc. You need new retainer springs and pressure plate as well. These can be had online for around $400 combined.

John
they likely won't replace the bearing and plate on a goodwill repair for the tsb.

the tsb explicitly states the disc only.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:44 PM

man....you guys think Honad service sucks? Try VW.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:38 PM

I bought my '01 with 48K in april and it was certified. I came back 2 weeks later b/c my rear window was torn. They gave me a "goodwill" warranty on it since they never heard of one ripping like this one did. my auto down button didn't work....I got a driver's side regulator assembly

I also complained of the buzzing noise and they first told me it was the pressure plate and/or throwout bearing that was bad and they were not going to cover it since TSB's are not orders to automatically fix things for free....they are just there to advise to other mechanics.

When I picked up the car 3 days later they replaced my clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing as well......

Also, at the dealer I went to, there was a honda warranty rep that was there monday thru friday all day. So I was able to get immediate answers.