S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I need to contact Honda Corp

Old 07-05-2005, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to contact Honda Corp

I have a MY01 that I am certain has the "Clutch Buzz" described in this TSB: https://www.s2ki.com/stor/library/TSB/A00-054.pdf

The car is a semi recent purchase as a repo from my credit union and the warranty is depleted. The TSB says "Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work."

I knew this going in a asked the manager there if this was a possibility, to which he said I would have to contact these people and get approval myself. He was not forthcoming with the information so I left him alone. (Palm Harbor Honda)

I thought this was odd, but I am willing to do the footwork myself if needs be. My question to you is: Does anyone have such contact info for Honda Corp customer service or have access to regional office numbers (I live in The Tampa, FL area)

Sorry if this does not belong in Under the hood but I thought it to be more than just a general info and wanted more seasoned eyes on this issue

Thanks
RoB
Old 07-05-2005, 11:36 AM

PM me and Let me know if you get any feedback. I also have a 2001 and have the issue of "clutch buzz" in third gear deceleration, and also my warranty is no longer effective. Let me know - thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 11:44 AM

I just got the phone with the service manager (new person to me) at that location I described and he aluded to some of the bracketing that holds the exhaust in place (I guess where the hangers meet the frame or somewhere higher up toward the cat) sometimes rattles and that many times a person will come in complaining of this buzz and it is actually these brackets rattling. I think that his horse apples personally because I can feel mine in the pedal prominently.

Any way as the service manager, he said the first thing to do is schedule and appointment to come in and get it checked out. I would hope that means a test drive too but he said it involved some digging around so it is not a quick in and out gig. After that, they have to assess the situation and he will contact Honda ( yay for decent service this time) and see what, if anything can be done for me.

The fact that I am not the original owner and I have modified my car a little (CAI, Exhaust) and it is out of warranty = uphill climb so if anyone has any experience with this specific situation or this TSB in general, please chime in
Old 07-05-2005, 11:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Call 1-800-999-1009 (Honda corporate customer service) and talk to a customer service rep and see if they will open a case number for you.

Unlike the dealer, these people tend to be really on the ball (as in motivated to deal with you, not necessarily approve the TSB).

I have had to deal with them getting a Honda airbag disable switch put in my car and I have nothing but great things to say about how take-charge they were.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 353 Likes on 322 Posts

Question answered, call the 1 800 999 1009. Don't be surprised if they tell you no, especially since you are not the original owner. They have denied the TSB out of warranty before.

The noise is just that, a noise. It doesn't effect clutch operation or longevity.

Moving to S2000 talk.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM

ok i was in exact same situation as you are while back when my 00 S2000 with 31000 miles had same problems..... went to dealer with a copy of TSB 054 (i think it is right number)

they denied to fix them for me .... so i called Honda corp USA and talked to one of these supervisor her name was TINA...

she was very friendly person and listened to what i complained....

she said... we will honor ur repair even though ur warranty is expired because it only has 31000 miles or something
and she took care of everything with a dealer....

dealer told me it was like like 3000 dollar job..!!!

good luck though
Old 07-05-2005, 06:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

$3000 my ass.

$600 for the labor, probably $300 retail for the disc.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by steven975,Jul 5 2005, 07:34 PM
$3000 my ass.

$600 for the labor, probably $300 retail for the disc.
True. It should cost no more more than a typical clutch replacement. That's about $1200 at most from what's been posted here before.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Jul 5 2005, 06:51 PM
The noise is just that, a noise. It doesn't effect clutch operation or longevity.

I bought my car used and had just about everything done but this. To this day it buzzes, but I was told by my Honda rep (I am a Honda dealer) that this particular TSB would have to go under goodwill and he would rather save a goodwill for me for something more troubling down the road.

I'm going to be replacing my clutch soon, so that should take care of it for me.

How many miles are on the car you're trying to get done?
Old 07-06-2005, 05:47 AM

I recently tried to get this done on my car a 2001, which was in warranty at the time. I was denied by the DSM, and Honda customer care only said, "clutches aren't under warranty." I tried my best to explain the clutch isn't bad, but the ass clown on the phone didn't have a brain.

Its really a shame Honda's customer service is so piss poor...

Quick Reply: I need to contact Honda Corp