S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I may be going Vortech.... But I have a few questions

Old 12-05-2002, 01:07 PM

Received 1,402 Likes on 839 Posts

wisconsin s2k+supercharger...ah, the great kills we'll all love to read about...ps, dont tell anyone its supercharged. how pissed the C5 owners will be.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wisconsin S2K - Let me know if you decide to purchase one.

I purchased my Vortech Wednesday and probably could help you with the install. We could do them at the same time over at my house. It would make for some great photos!!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 08:34 AM

Are there any V-S/Cd S2ks out there with timeslips on their cars?
I would like to know some performance figures... =)
(also considering an update)...

If you dont have timeslips? Could you post some race stories where you know the performance of the car you've raced?
Like stock BMW M3 E36 vs S/Cd S2k 0-60 race, 60mph rollon race etc etc =)

I understad that the car will be damn fast with the S/C, but how damn fast, and what will I be able to outran at either trafficlight or highway...

Regards
/Xscream
Old 12-13-2002, 10:09 AM
S2K

Originally posted by Xscream
Are there any V-S/Cd S2ks out there with timeslips on their cars?
I would like to know some performance figures... =)
(also considering an update)...

If you dont have timeslips? Could you post some race stories where you know the performance of the car you've raced?
Like stock BMW M3 E36 vs S/Cd S2k 0-60 race, 60mph rollon race etc etc =)

I understad that the car will be damn fast with the S/C, but how damn fast, and what will I be able to outran at either trafficlight or highway...

Regards
/Xscream
Over the summer, I ran with a Corvette C5 on the highway, gave it three good spanking in a roll. I believe the C5s 1/4 times are in the low 13's stock. I know for a fact that I can get the 1/4 mile time on mine to either 13 flat or low 13's, but the best I could do with my stock clutch and stock tires was 13.6@106MPH and it was slipping really bad. From a roll, it's different story.

A few weeks ago, I ran a Talon on the street and on the highway...gave him a good spanking as well. All he told me when I had my window down was that he upped his boost, intake, downpipe and exhaust. It was no match on the highway, he just gave up after I put about two bus length on him. I had my brother in the car with me, he was by himself.

Ran my cousin's stock M3 E36...he just gave up after two runs...it was no contest.

Just last week, a Prelude pulled up to me and started revving at me at a stop light. I revved back, light turned green and we took off...I looked back and he was about 10+ carlengths back. This straight away is a little over 1/2 mile long, we got to the next stop light. I looked over to give him a thumbs up, but he never looked over...

I by the way I have a Vortech SC in my car with a VAFC, everything else is stock. I usually don't go looking for races, but sometimes I do give them a good run.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:12 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by S2K
he was by himself.
Are you sure he wasn't BESIDE himself?
Old 02-04-2003, 08:36 AM

Update to my Vortech S/C info.

Road Atlanta:

The car was definately faster around the track. I have a couple of hours of video that I still have to go through. The one problem was that while taking high spped corners I would get a CEL. This was agravating me all weekend and I never did figure out why it was doing it. It seemed most previalnt around right hand turns. I wonder if the fuel system was having problems causing the car to go lean.

Maintenance

I just blew out my rear O2 sensor. I got one from a Honda dealer that hooks me up for $200 they are normally almost $300. Ill put it on my self.

Just bought a bunch of NGK spark plugs.

Still no run with the Comptech S/C but maybe soon. Ill also try and get some of the video from RA up to view.

Does anybody else think we should get a FI forum.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2K
[B]

Over the summer, I ran with a Corvette C5 on the highway, gave it three good spanking in a roll.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2K
[B]

Over the summer, I ran with a Corvette C5 on the highway, gave it three good spanking in a roll.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastinupe1
[B]

OMG!!! I got to get one!
Old 02-04-2003, 01:59 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
I may just be picking nits, here, but...........
A larger contact patch is only part of the equation.

Quick Reply: I may be going Vortech.... But I have a few questions