S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I like your daddys car....

Old 02-28-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm only 22 and had some of my friend's friends who are a little older than me say that. It was priceless to see their faces though after my friend brought them over to MY house one day and they saw my S parked next to my civic in MY garage.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:39 PM

I'm 22, Bought the car on my own. My dad passed away late last year. If someone said something like that to me they are asking for trouble.

The reason why douche baggy people say such things is because they are obviously jealous. Due to the recent events in my life, Im a little touchy in that area. Im not usually one to be a hard ass.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by r34dy2fly,Feb 28 2010, 05:56 AM
Just to throw some info out there for general knowledge about the military and their "bonuses."

Even when bonuses were "high" in the Army, you never got the full amount the day you enlist. hell, even AFTER you finish basic/ait/osut and arrive at your unit, you only get a max of $7000 that first year. They divide the rest of the bonus into the amount of years you have left and pay you annually on 1st of each year.

So that scenario that someone put up about bonuses and VA loans won't fly at all. Secondly, unless you're married or senior enlisted, the military will not pay you BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing) and while Private Snuffy's pay has been steadily increasing each year, it's definitely not enough to cover mortgage payments.

The only plausible option would be a re-enlistment bonus and the re-enlistment would have to be in theatre. But even still, that doesn't remedy the fact that Private Snuffy will not be able to continue to pay his mortgage payment. (I speak from experience from OIF tours. Plural.)

Again, just some knowledge thrown on the internet. If it doesn't pertain to you, or you don't really about how the military works, then thats fine. Just move along.

----------------------

As far as how USMC feels... I think I can somewhat relate. Being in the military for a few years now, there are generally three types of new recruits that I encounter.

1. He used to be a MMA fighter... Yeah... Everyone that comes in used to be an MMA fighter. Usually need to squash these ego's quick by a nice rear-naked choke or a triangle choke before they get stupid.

2. He used to be a millionaire but gave it up to enlist in the Army. While I'm not disagreeing that there are a small group of people who were successful and enlisted, but come on now....

3. The last group is pretty broad and is filled with pretty squared away individuals. Honest to themselves by either admitting they used to be drug addicts, alcoholics, or just didn't want to or could afford to go to college. I prefer this group cause they can at least admit to themselves.

Now because of this... I try to swift through peoples bullshit which is what I figured USMC was doing. While I might not call everyone out, I can definitely tell when someone is just lying to me about something. Isn't it nice that your tax dollars are used to pay for my salary so I can tell people are bullshitting? haha, its okay, I pay taxes too.

Maybe its just an Infantry thing? But like someone said, its just a lifestyle.

-an Army Staff Sergeant.
Great post. Time in theater with Army/Marines/Navy really made me appreciate the USAF and my career field. Contracting FTW.

"attention to detail"
"if I can piggyback on that"
"thrown under the bus"

Do not miss the military at all.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:30 PM

HE BE TROLLINN
Old 02-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

usmckang who cares even if he was lying
you really need to masturbate or something
Old 02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry guys, I looked at the thread title and couldn't bring myself to even look at the thread until now.

My $0.02 before the lock:
1. Who cares about "owning" a house? Unless the house is paid off, the bank owns the house.
2. Renting an apartment like leasing a car can be a smart decision depending on the situation.
3. Epeen fighting is sad.