S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I like your daddys car....

Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by jakkfrostt,Feb 26 2010, 09:23 PM
lol been waiting for someone to post that
Old 02-27-2010, 05:32 AM

hi everybody its been a while since i last posted but i like to read the street encounters ... i don't mind everybody knowing how i am earning my S on my own ... this is actually my first vehicle i've paid for on my own and i'm proud its this vehicle ... i've had a very sucky full time job where there would be no way in the edges of haties i would ever afford this car ... but just so happend my unit was called to iraq giving me the chance to afford the car i've always wanted and i couldnt pass up the offer .. i went looking while i was home on my two week leave and just so happened to run across a certified used 2007 model which will be paid in full before i return home ... granted i'm not 18 but i'm not too far away from it ... i'm still young being a 23 year old ... i can afford the car because i decided not to move out last year when i had the chance because i heard i was coming to iraq .. the military will be continueing to help with my school when i return and now they even offer bah to verterans attending school at full time... i'll still have my car paid for in full ... i know everybody says save your money its a recession ... but maybe because i'm young i just couldn't pass up the chance .. i may not have this chance any other time in the near future .. so i jumped on it .. and i don't regret it ..
Old 02-27-2010, 07:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seeing posts from usmc (i assume it stands for united states marine corp) and from iraq bound chad, it brings up this following scenario:

an 18-year old kid graduates high school and marries his sweetheart, kid joins military and gets $25,000 sign on bonus and buys a car, kid then gets a guaranteed loan from the VA to buy a house.

so, in this situation it is very well possible for a youngling to pay cash for an s2k and purchase a home with the mortgage entirely in his name, all at the age of 18. but in this situation the response to "i like your daddy's car" would be, "thanks but my uncle sam got it for me."
Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a convertible when I was 18 ;paid 900 cash for it back in 1973

1965 Corvair

It ran on a dollars worth of gas @ .27/gal and a quart of oil every week

......as much as a POS it was back then I kinda miss her

I used to get asked if it was my grandpa's car
Old 02-27-2010, 11:27 AM

My words (depending how long the red light is).

"IF you had adopted parents that wish you were still alive and not viewed like the shit stain on today's society, maybe you'd have a nicer car; you elementary school drop out, clear garbage bag scavenging, pink palm tree growing, grandmas boy toe cheese cleaning, uncles 5 cent an hour job cleaning fungus from cow utters, mail finding job hunter. And by the way, thanks for the compliment, asshat."
Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 PM

Dude I hate it so much.

I used to own a Red 2006 VW GLI when I was 17. Nice sporty looking sedan. I used to deliver pizza in it but I kept it in prestine condition. Some guy walked into the pizzeria because he saw what I drove and he asked me " your mom lets you deliver pizza in her car?" I laughed and said she doesnt know so keep it a secret for me.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by niptek,Feb 27 2010, 02:19 AM
lol been waiting for someone to post that
hehe
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by s2k aok,Feb 27 2010, 08:04 AM
seeing posts from usmc (i assume it stands for united states marine corp) and from iraq bound chad, it brings up this following scenario:

an 18-year old kid graduates high school and marries his sweetheart, kid joins military and gets $25,000 sign on bonus and buys a car, kid then gets a guaranteed loan from the VA to buy a house.

so, in this situation it is very well possible for a youngling to pay cash for an s2k and purchase a home with the mortgage entirely in his name, all at the age of 18. but in this situation the response to "i like your daddy's car" would be, "thanks but my uncle sam got it for me."
Lol, no marine gets a $25k sign on bonus... not for what they do.

From one service member to another USMCkang, I would suggest to you that you pop a Valium and lay off the alcohol pal. You're embarrassing.

I'm 21 and in the Navy, I just got my S and already had a crazy ass lady that wouldn't move out of the street yelling at me that my parents should never have bought me my car, etc. I told her it was a manual transmission which was why it was making the noise it was making to move forward and why it was rolling towards her, to kindly get her fat ass out of the way, and to bite her tongue before I shut her ass down in front of all those nice people at the mall.

It's just people, mainly. There's always jealousy and above all... there's always a looney. If only they knew how much crap I go through on a daily basis just so I can keep my job in the Navy and pay for my pretty little S and the beast of an insurance payment on it.

I could have relied on my parents seeing as how they are more than comfortable money wise, but I'm proud of what I do and the work I put in to have the things I like. Nobody (young or old) should ever let anyone take that from them.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by USMCkang,Feb 26 2010, 09:05 PM
Why you kids hatin??

I'm just calling this guy out.. he's a liar hahahaha
if you are so sure, then dont be a p**sy and put some money on the table? i mean, you are the one who keeps claiming "IM CALLING THIS KID OUT" right?

last chance before i ignore you! (heres your chance to prove me wrong)

just to clarify im 21

-excuse my language everyone.

Quick Reply: I like your daddys car....