S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

i hate valet

Old 09-30-2012, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate valet

i went to urgent care and they only had valet parking i wake up the next day and check my car to find a scratched on my front bumper on the bottom it looks like they hit the curb by pulling to forward . i am meeting with the valet supervisor tomorrow to share some my thought on his employs work . hopefully it gets paid for
Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

yeah, if I dont know you, you aint driving my car

Sorry bro
Old 10-01-2012, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedCelica
This times 10000

Sorry to hear what happened. I would be pissed as fuk.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 AM

I hate valet. Last time I pulled into a restaurant parking lot and they ony had valet, I told the guy that I wouldn't be eating there.

I have scraped my front bumper enough times to know not to trust anyone else.

Goo dluck, doubt they will take responsibility

-m
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 AM
kap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks! Like Jazzman says, I make sure that wherever I'm going, there will be no valet. And living in the city, if there is absolutely no way to avoid valet, I take my truck. Make sure yall do your recon prior to.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 AM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I used a complimentary valet at the barber one time, because the parking lot is too small for the complex and fills quickly at certain times of day. I drove my S top down, and while the valet parked it very close and front end out, I had left the top down and he parked it right under a tree that drops lots of tiny leaves. I was not pleased to find this mess in my car when I came out. I share the blame here, so I could not be too upset with him. Lesson learned.

At the tire installation place recently, a younger worker was told to move my car around to the service bay. I followed him out and asked him if he knew how to drive my S. He didn't answer, but tried to proceed to start the engine. I had to tell him what to do when he couldn't figure it out.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ugh...that has to suck. Just keep hard pressing the company to pay for the damages. Don't ease up.

I'm a college student, and it was either valet or serving tables. I enjoy working outside, so valet suited me best and pay is decent.

I can say with full honesty that I can drive lowered cars, exotics, lifted hill billy trucks without scratching them. I've built relations from the guests where I work because they understand that I take care of their expensive car as with any other car that comes in. Furthermore, I will say that valet companies have a high turn over rate. Employees stay for a few months, then bail. It isn't exactly a job for everyone and you work had for your tips. Requires a lot of running, too. I've worked with a handful of valets that have crappy attitudes on the clock and would rather smoke weed or drink. A lot of them can't even drive a stick properly.

Word to the wise, don't ever hand your keys to a valet.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
I used a complimentary valet at the barber one time, because the parking lot is too small for the complex and fills quickly at certain times of day. I drove my S top down, and while the valet parked it very close and front end out, I had left the top down and he parked it right under a tree that drops lots of tiny leaves. I was not pleased to find this mess in my car when I came out. I share the blame here, so I could not be too upset with him. Lesson learned.

At the tire installation place recently, a younger worker was told to move my car around to the service bay. I followed him out and asked him if he knew how to drive my S. He didn't answer, but tried to proceed to start the engine. I had to tell him what to do when he couldn't figure it out.

I would have just took the keys and moved the car myself, used to do that with my carbed TA. That thing required some gas pedal pumps to start but not too many lol.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

My S2000 has only been valeted once in seven years of ownership. I refuse to let a complete stranger drive my car.

Hope you get fixed up without any trouble.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by RedCelica
even if I know you, you probably will never drive my car.

Quick Reply: i hate valet