S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I Got Stopped By A Cop and Got A Freakin Ticket!! You'll Never Guess How Much!

Old 01-24-2004, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HIspeedr - you're one lucky guy.. keep that horshoe planted up there
Old 01-24-2004, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did anyone figure out how much tint was on HI SPEEDERs window? i'm guessing you tinted your whole front window from top to bottom like some others i have seen in san diego... i'm pretty sure that is against the law, and if it is... you deserve to get a ticket. it's only $4.00... so remove the tint, sign the fix it ticket... then put some tint back on the windshield but this time a little lighter. just my opinion.

now to get back to the OT conversation...

unfortunately i can see where HONDA 224 GTS is coming from regarding the "honda scene"

i have seen too many civics slammed, exhaust, body kits, wheels, etc. which many on s2ki have deemed "riced out?" and i have then seen many s2000s "riced out" as well... and it seems that some think that an enthusiasts s2000 isn't really up to par unless it has different wheels, some kind of engine mod, carbon fiber something, titanium exhaust, engine mods, etc.

if i wanted to spend another 15-20k on my car i would've bought an M3 convertible or the new slk350 which looks like it will chew up an s2000... there is some "keeping up with the jones's" mentality with some honda owners who insist on modding their cars - beyond recognition at times (wide body kits?)

maybe i'm like that one responder who said he may check out the "vintage" owners group... they seem to have the "buy the car and drive it" mentality... while the "younger" crowd wants to buy it, mod it, and show it.

Old 01-24-2004, 10:17 AM

Yes the RICE/HONDA scene is pretty weak. However, I don't think the S2000 falls into that scene on the board.

From past board experiences, if someone shows a pic of an S2000 with RICE (Big wing, neon, crazy paint) they get slammed pretty quick for RICEING up such a classy sports car. Rice does not last too long on this board. Sure people put on Wheels, Exhaust, CAI's, SC's, Turbo's etc. But those are not put on as BLING BLING, they are put on to ENHANCE the look or power from an enthusiast point of view.

Rice does not belong on the S2000.

To address your 2nd concern. Sure there are a LOT of immature kids that own an S2K. Case in point is this thread. 50MPH on summer tires in snow = DARWIN AWARD CANDIDATE. Taking his girl to school. I hope that was collage but I would guess it to be High School. Maybe I'm wrong.

Common sense is a commodity that is in much demand in life but, I hate to say, is in a very limited supply.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:50 AM

Although, the car scene may have changed over time, the common enthusiasm for the street sport still exists. Whether the sub-culture is a community of hot rodders, low riders, import tuners, or MaxPower rivals, each sub-culture has its own uniqueness that may not always be understood by other communities. There is no discrimination at the track whether the 12 second 1/4 mile was achieved by a Saleen Mustang or a highly modified Integra Type R.

As we all share this common enthusiasm for the sport, let
Old 01-24-2004, 10:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HI SPEEDR
Old 01-24-2004, 11:03 AM

Hi Speedr, it cost me money to do that research for you. Don't keep us hangin' At least let us know if the windshield was fully tinted or just at the top. If it's just at the top, you're legal. If the whole window is tinted, you are not legal.

Honda 224 GTS, if you're an attorney you have an ethical obligation to give out correct information, even online. Maybe you should look at the two case I posted above from FL, both of them criminal charges that resulted from stops for tinted windows. It was clear from the court decisions that had the stops been deemed illegal (meaning that the windows were not improperly tinted) that the arrest would have been disallowed. It's called a supression hearing. In one of the cases the testimony regarding stopping the guy for tinted windows was barred, but the Supreme Court allowed the arrest only because the officer testified that he would have stopped the car anyway, given that it fit the description of a car they were looking for.

The 14th amendment and 4th amendment both apply to more than protected classes. By the way, gays are not a protected class as you stated.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:38 PM

By the way, gays are not a protected class as you stated.
That's true. You are correct about that. My mistake.

Keep fighting though. You'll get protection soon!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Honda 224 GTS
Old 01-24-2004, 03:03 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Honda 224 GTS
Keep fighting though.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2004S2000
To begin with, there's nothing wrong with people who are gay.

Quick Reply: I Got Stopped By A Cop and Got A Freakin Ticket!! You'll Never Guess How Much!