S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I crashed my s2000 last night

Old 04-02-2004, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evo might not be safer. Because a car is bigger does not mean its safer.

Glad you made it. You should sue and get a GT2 like LoudMusic said.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I should share this with you. Last August 2003, My girlfriend and I got t-boned as well in my Chevy s-10 while I was turning left at a stop sign. This occurred at around 10:00 at night where the street was poorly lit. The car that hit me was a black mustang going straight. I was struck at the driver
Old 04-02-2004, 10:10 AM

WOW - terrible stories...

about 10 yrs ago, my 16 yr old cousin died in a car wreck... she was in a HUGE 70 something buick, which would make you think it would be safe. funny thing is, if she were in the backseat of a tiny hatchback (like a civic), her seat location would have been different and her life may have been spared.

you can never guess or second guess these scenarios... tho i understand the desire to get as safe a vehicle as possible because of your prior experiences. the S does hold up very well in accident tests, including rollovers.

note that while logic tells us that a truck or suv would be safer, in general, these vehicles are LESS safe than many cars due to the fact that trucks are held to different safety standards. i think i would be looking for a car with strong side impact protection and side airbags, but thats just me

i wish you all the best
bM
Old 04-02-2004, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Sue the Durango owner and get a 911 GT2 (:
Just because the Durango t-boned him doesn't mean the Durango was at fault. I didn't see him claim that it was the Durango's fault.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, glad to hear that both of you are still with us. As we all know, cars can be replaced people can't. IMO the main safety advantage that the SUV has is it's height. That is what probably saved johninator's life. I agree with an earlier post that stated that you can't keep second guessing these scenarios. There are millions of ways to die. If we worried about them all, we would go insane. If you consider yourself a good, cautious driver then get another S2000. This experience may make you an even better driver than you were. I also see no reason why any small sedan would be any safer than our S. If you want safe get a Volvo. If you want a fun car and can accept some risk get another S2000.

Good luck,
Jerry
Old 04-02-2004, 12:01 PM
WPS

not sure if the evo is more safer. there was a discussion going on if they added anymore safety to the lancer compared to evo8. lancer had a terrible side impact rating.

glad you are okay..
retain an attorney..
good luck
Old 04-02-2004, 12:25 PM

I just wanna say I am glad your okey
Old 04-02-2004, 02:56 PM

well im only nineteen and i still want my car back im not going to let this discourage me of the cars that i want. the police and the paramedics didnt want me to get out of my car cuz they thought i cut my neck because it was covered with blood or that i snapped my spine but i can barely walk but thanks everyone for your support...i am really depressed about what i did to my car : (
Old 04-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Former Moderator

Sorry to hear about your wreck, be glad your alive and count your blessings about that more than anything. A car is only a material possession no matter how much we love them, its only an object of desire and in the grand scheme of things like your life, it matters little.

Now.... don't disregard the S because of this.. you can't ever use what if's.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:45 PM

You can always get a new car, they come and go...just be thankful you are ok...

Quick Reply: I crashed my s2000 last night