S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

i am so stupid sometimes.

Old 09-17-2001, 07:05 AM
Tox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've torn my front spoiler all to hell on parking lot wheel stops, then destroyed it when I hit a dog (not my fault -- he was not missable). So I got a brand new nosepiece, a new start in life, a chance to change my ways and not make all the stupid mistakes of the past.

Needless to say, the new one is now also torn to hell.

But that's nothing compared to what my wife did in 1978 to our brand new Ford Fiesta. (No snide comments here, please. This was actually a decent car for that time, or would have been if it had been remotely reliable. And had a working heater.) It had about 10 miles on it. We went to a food store, and she carefully parked it between two big steel pylons to avoid all possibility of door dings. Then she opened the door and smashed it right into one of the pylons! The flimsy door skin just kind of wrapped itself around the pylon, making a sort of thermonuclear door ding.

One good result -- after that, we didn't worry much about where we parked that car.
Old 09-17-2001, 08:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts

Add me to the list also.
Went to a dentist appointment and found the perfect parking spot.
Knowing that the front end is low I'm very careful when parking.
Well when I got out I noticed the back end was sticking out. Not wanting to take a chance with all
the patients that might have left after having the laughing gas.
I pulled it back in checking out the rear and not paying attention to the front.

When I got inside I told the Doc if needed, no novocaine. Nothing could be more painful the first
scratch on your new S2.
Old 09-17-2001, 03:05 PM

Don't ask me about the time I forgot to apply the parking brake in my GSR (or the dent in the exterior wall of my best friend's garage). I won't tell you anything about that incident!

TXR
Old 09-17-2001, 03:43 PM

Once, I valet parked my car in an underground type garage in nyc. As the valet was getting out, he had left the car in gear, parking brake off. Someone else thought it would be good to drive it up to me (I was like 20 ft away from it).. you know, looks like a nice import, maybe I'll tip him a $20. He gets in, starts it, but realizes I'm already walking towards him. Gets out (letting his foot off the clutch and hopping right out real quick), and the car lurches forward with the driver side door wide open.

[----------] That close to the concrete column.

Needless to say, he didn't get a tip, and I didn't park there again. There was also a little ding in the back.. I'm positive parking anyplace in nyc will get your car scratched a couple times.

cd
Old 09-17-2001, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll tell you what, after you write off your first S2000, the little door dings seem like such a minor occurence!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2001, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was crusing for a parking spot in Chicago, and found a GREAT curbside spot, but I had to squirt through a little (okay, alot) of traffic at an intersection where 3 streets come together. I execute a maneuver that would remind you of some post-apocalyptic scene where you're piloting a hovercar in the seedy-under-city of New York.

So I'm all proud of myself that I pulled this off without killing anybody, or giving my space up to the little-old-lady that I was sure was lurking about to take it from me at the last second. I pull into the space and gouge my wheel

Clark
Old 09-17-2001, 05:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seung,

Don't feel bad. After all my admonitions to people not to lower their tops with my windscreen folded back, I did the dirty deed yesterday and destroyed my own screen. I felt like a total moron.
Old 09-18-2001, 12:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
[B]seung,

Don't feel bad.
Old 09-18-2001, 04:23 PM

Add me to the list. Ran over my first concrete parking bumper last week. Left red paint and plastic on the top of the bumper but the damage is not visible. Still pi#*es me off though. And I didn't even have a pretty girl along to distract me!