S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I am planning on buying an S2000 in August, but I have some concerns about it . . . .

Old 07-13-2003, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am planning on buying an S2000 in August, but I have some concerns about it . . . .

I will be using it as a daily driver and was wondering if any of you do the same. Is there a lot of room in the trunk for things like groceries?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:55 PM

I do and have not had any problems at all. The trunk as a great "
well" in the middle that makes getting groceries easy.

You are going to love the car
Old 07-14-2003, 03:40 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DFul4d
[B]I will be using it as a daily driver and was wondering if any of you do the same.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:41 AM

You can cram a lot of groceries into the trunk. I use mine as my daily driver/only car. A set of golf clubs fits easily in the trunk as well. My bass guitar fits also. My wife and I have taken it camping with all our gear, supplies and food PLUS all of our auto-x equipment (helmets and tools). There is more room in the S than you think. GET IT!
Old 07-14-2003, 04:05 AM

I use mine as a daily driver and found I was very surprised how many grocery bags could fit in the trunk. Also, I just don't drive to work and park the car to the end of the day as I'm a salesman and use the car from appointment to appointment...so I'm in it all day. I makes going to work...well...fun! If you get it, you'll love it. Goodluck!
Old 07-14-2003, 05:46 AM

the love how the trunk is designed. sure it is smaller than what the average family sedan/suv has BUT the design is helpful. im talking about the "hole" in the middle, it acts like a support for the things you don't want to tip over when you're driving.

good job honda
Old 07-14-2003, 05:46 AM

... a case of Shinner Bock fits into the well perfectly, you can stuff all the Fritos around the sides as padding, and the Wolf Brand chilli goes into the passenger footwell. I understand the situation, I just don't see the problem. 'Got my last ticket on 380 between Post and Clairemont ... damn airplanes. Enjoy the car ... go Red Raiders!
Old 07-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol ranger!
good answer...

mine has never seen any groceries of any kind-
but then, i have never seen the inside of a grocery store either!!
(and yes, my car is my daily driver)
i did have a problem when i first got the car and needed to get a large computer monitor home (back in the good old days before the flat screens!)- otherwise the trunk has been fine for me.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:21 PM

My S is a grocery getter, among other things. Works great for the amount of food one person would buy for themself.

What I need to get is a cupholder with a large flat base to put in the well area of the trunk. That way I can put a cup of soda in there for the drive back from taco bell. So far I've been wadding my car cover and microfiber towels around the cup to prevent it from tipping over, but I know that's going to fail one of these times....
Old 07-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Banned

I just went to Columbus, Oh. for the weekend. I took a garment bag, large duffel bag, shaving kit, 3 pairs of shoes and my golf clubs and got it all in the trunk with no problem at all. Also, on the way back from Ohio I drove 195 miles in 2hrs 20 min for an average speed of 81mph while averaging 28.9 mpg with the top down. Buy the car. It makes for one sexy daily driver.

Quick Reply: I am planning on buying an S2000 in August, but I have some concerns about it . . . .