S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

how much $$ can i get

Old 05-24-2002, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Charly

I'm also not looking for trouble, but did you test drive the car before you bought it? I would think you may have noticed these things if you did.
In all fariness to TTSUPRA, a LOT of people bought their S2000's without a test drive (yours truly included) for a variety of reaons, to name a couple:
1) Limited supply did not make demo S2000's readily-available,
2) When dealers get one, it's either spoken for, or they (some, not all) got very snobby about letting someone test drive it.
3) The media raves about the car got a lot of people excited.

I, for one, bought my first S2000 (one of the very first S2000's in MI) sight-unseen, over the phone from a Manhiem auction 4 states away. Dido for my second one, although it was from a very reputable dealer and I'd already fallen in love with the car.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:02 AM

Yes i did test drive it. The reson i was looking for a new car was because my 1st TT Supra was a 6spd but it had a few problems so i sold it. The one i sold for the S2K was a auto and i hated the auto so i decided to get a new car this time around. I knew the S2k wasnt gonna be like the TT but i thought i would learn to live with it but i cant its not that i hate the car its a great car its fun and i think you get a lot for the money considering whats out there. I guess just coming form what i had i was wanting too much from the car. Like i said its a great car if your not looking for Extreme performance.

Like i said before im in no way cutting the S2k down or anything negative its a great car and its no big deal if it doesnt sell its just that I want another supra the s2k is not my type of car. so dont take me the wrong way.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:06 AM

I'm sure no onen is offended bud.

I suggest just getting another Supra (manual tranny).
Old 05-24-2002, 11:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by derryck
[B]Just out of curisousity... what is it about the handling you don't like?
Old 05-24-2002, 11:13 AM

Agreed....The Supra was a great car, I can completely understand where you are coming from. It is a shame Toyota stopped making them.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:16 AM

Well i think they are gonna make them again i talked to a toyota guy at the car show in nyc and he said they are talking about it and it might be a TT V-8.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:43 PM

I was told the new Supra wil be V8, but still run around 75,000 for that cash I would get something else.

I can see how you comming for a TT Supra you could see the S as a little quirky. Though never have I heard of anyone complaining about the brakes and suspension. Just for my own peice of mind check the coils for spring spacers.

Don't know what to say but I was offered 28,500 at a dealer for my 2001 white with 12,000 miles. Of course this is Cali so prices are elivated a bit.
Old 05-24-2002, 04:16 PM

can i post an ad on the forums?
Old 05-24-2002, 05:24 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by TTSUPRA
can i post an ad on the forums?
Why not? Just be careful, asking to much for a car is only going to get you a lot of headaches with this crowd.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TTSUPRA
[B]yea i got it like 3 and a half weeks ago. it juist doesnt do anything for me. brakes in my opinion suck, handeling is just not there, tranny is decent, clutch sucks, o and power well i just havent felt any yet even taching it to 9k it still feels weak, plus i feel like the trannys gonna blow when shifting at 9k.

Quick Reply: how much $$ can i get