S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How many of you take your own oil for an oil change...

Old 08-21-2001, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brett
[B]For those of you who chage your own oil, how do you go about getting under the car?
Old 08-22-2001, 04:58 AM

I too change my own oil but I don't use any old commercial oil, not in my baby. I take 5 parts extra virgin olive oil, 2 parts oil of Olay, 3 dashes of black truffle oil and the juice of one ripe Tamarind. I mix this during the full moon while chanting "stooka, stooka" until its fully blended. Then I strain it through 300 count Egyptian cotton cloth 5 times to make sure the impurities are out. I find my little car hums like a bird when I put 5 quarts in. Plus the exhaust smells wonderful. If anyone is interested I will be mixing up a batch later this month. Its expensive but perhaps I could discount for a group buy.
Old 08-22-2001, 08:06 AM

Do none of you change your own oil? Just curious.
Old 08-22-2001, 11:54 AM

How much do dealers charge for labor if you bring your own oil??? I might consider this since I dont want to change my own oil....but I want synthetic!!!
Old 08-22-2001, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buy Mobile 1 at the local Wal Mart
buy the filters from Trevor at www.handa-accessories.com
and I change the oil myself.

I'm with Rev, I would have hoped to see more DIY'ers. And don't say you dont have a garage - me? I live in an apartment and still do it in the parking lot.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lawdog
I too change my own oil but I don't use any old commercial oil, not in my baby. I take 5 parts extra virgin olive oil, 2 parts oil of Olay, 3 dashes of black truffle oil and the juice of one ripe Tamarind. I mix this during the full moon while chanting "stooka, stooka" until its fully blended. Then I strain it through 300 count Egyptian cotton cloth 5 times to make sure the impurities are out. I find my little car hums like a bird when I put 5 quarts in. Plus the exhaust smells wonderful. If anyone is interested I will be mixing up a batch later this month. Its expensive but perhaps I could discount for a group buy.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:35 PM

And I thought I was the only one that did this.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffcass
Originally Posted by Lawdog' timestamp='998485085' post='267214
And I thought I was the only one that did this.
LOL! You bumped a 13 year old thread.

The good news is, apparently even a decade later, there has been no change in the process since then.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by ReedZ
I supply my own Mobil 1 and CM replacement filter elements and change my own oil.
Amen (minus the Mobil1). Why the hell would anyone (unless you're physically disabled or in bad shape, that's understandable) pay someone else to change the oil in a car that doesn't even need lifted off the ground to do so?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
Originally Posted by ReedZ' timestamp='998227757' post='263383
I supply my own Mobil 1 and CM replacement filter elements and change my own oil.
Amen (minus the Mobil1). Why the hell would anyone (unless you're physically disabled or in bad shape, that's understandable) pay someone else to change the oil in a car that doesn't even need lifted off the ground to do so?
Time constraints?

I've done it before but I let my friend who is an Acura master tech do the work. He has a good eye and I always like a second opinion on my maintenance.

Quick Reply: How many of you take your own oil for an oil change...