S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How many of you have an S2000 as a "daily driver" or only car?

Old 01-13-2004, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you have an S2000 as a "daily driver" or only car?

I've been in love with the S since it first came out and I believe that within the year I should be in adequate (financial) position to purchase one. However it will be suiting the role of daily driver and be my only means of comute. I live in FL so the horror stories about the cold weather and snow I have read about dont exactly scare me as much as the rain does, especially after reading all the problems with the soft tops (I've been hooked on this site for the last 2 days reading and searching for hours on end.. great site btw ). My particular question is, from those of you who own the S as your only car and daily driver, how do you feel about it in terms of reliability, practicality, and overall, how has it held up so far? I am fully aware this is a two seater w/severly limited cargo space and it doesnt bother me at all.. just wanted to get some imput on this. I would also be doing most of the maintenance/mechannical work on my own and wanted to get feedback from those of you who do your own mech work... Thanks in advance!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:04 PM

I do. It's a great car as a daily driver, comfortable and lots of fun. I haven't had any trouble in the wet, either, but like any RWD car you need to be more careful when the road is slippery.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:06 AM

Not me. She sleeps till April when the nice weather hits here and i only use her on during warm nice weather. She see's no rain. Maybe if i lived in a warmer climate like Florida, i would use my S all year round
Old 01-14-2004, 12:49 AM

I have had my 00' S2000 for two years. It has been my daily driver. It now has 50,000 miles on it. All I can say is that I love it. I haven't had any problems with it and it is a very fun car. The problem that I have with the S is the limited trunk space. With my subs in the rear I can barely fit my backpack and school books. If you can get past the limited trunk space you should not have any problems with the S being a daily driver.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:02 AM

Yeah, mine's a daily driver, i've put 20k miles on it in 6 mo.

I soooo need to get a beater.....
Old 01-14-2004, 01:55 AM

Daily. I hitch rides to work when the snow is bad - like today. (4-6 inches expected.)
Old 01-14-2004, 02:24 AM

Mine has been a daily driver for almost 4 and a half years. It's driven roof down everyday winter and summer unless it is pouring.

Let's face it, it's no different to driving a manual Civic in stop/start commuting.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2kturkey

Let's face it, it's no different to driving a manual Civic in stop/start commuting.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine is a daily driver. I love it!

Jerry
Old 01-14-2004, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer your question, it is reliable, you definitely can fit a decent amount of groceries in it (practicality), and, as long as you don't expect/want Lexus or Cadillac type luxury, is fine for daily driving. I only have 24K on mine - 14K of daily driving while my other car was down. I don't consider that to be enough to make a judgement of reliability, since the only car that I've ever had that had problems in that short of time was a early '90's Hyundai. I have had zero problems in that time, and the car has been autocrossed about 25 times. Maybe some of the 40 - 50K owners can comment here.

As for doing basic stuff yourself, the car appears to be well engineered and very open to the DIYer.

Quick Reply: How many of you have an S2000 as a "daily driver" or only car?