S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How many times has this happened to you??? Top Down....

Old 10-17-2003, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many times has this happened to you??? Top Down....

Well, heading to work last week, I got to the end of my driveway, and put the top down on my S. I dont do it in my drive since I dont want dust getting inside. Well, I put the top down and sat back and went to go. About 1/8 mile down, I felt a stinging sensation on my back. It kept getting worse so I pulled over and looked. There was a freakin BEE!!! The bastard stung me!!!

This was the first time I have ever been stung so I didnt know if I was alergic. I was fine but the stinging didnt stop for about 8 hrs. It has now been 5 days and I still have a red swollen mark on my back. Damn bee probably thought I sat in his Queen Bee!!!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:12 PM

Ouch! I haven't been stung since I was in second grade.

Hope you feel better.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

A bee or a wasp? A bee will leave its stinger in you with the pulsating venom sack. A wasp just stings you and leaves no body parts behind. Sometimes, a wasp sting will be more damaging than a bee sting.
A wasp crawled up my pant leg once and stung me before I mashed his grubby little body against my leg. For the next several hours, I thought my leg was going to fall off from the pain. Calamine lotion was the only thing that brought it under control.
You wanna know what's even more frightening? You're driving down the road on your motorcycle, minding your own business when suddenly a wasp flies inside your helmet. The first indication you have that it's in there is the buzzing sound around your head. You damn near freak out as you do a panic stop, hit the kill switch, put the bike on its side stand, jump off as you are fumbling with the helmet clasp. You finally manage to get the thing off, throw it on the lawn just to watch the stupid thing fly out. Whewwwwww! NO STING!
I have a much greater fear of wasps now than I ever do of bees.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:33 PM

Yeah, it was a bee. I saw it flailing on my seat dying. I couldnt find the stinger even now. I know it;s still in me but my hubby cant see it either. Oh well...some day it will fall out.

As fo rthe motorcycle thing...yeah I hear you. We were both riding our bikes and he had something fly in his helmet. Scared both of us!!! Worst I've ever had was a fly.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He said pulsating sack... hehe

Sorry about your sting. I haven't had an bees in my car yet, just mosquitoes
Old 10-17-2003, 10:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3ngin33r1
He said pulsating sack...
Old 10-17-2003, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me while I was stopped at a light. Felt burning sting and when I looked down, wasp was stuck between my hand and center console.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:04 PM

Well, its never happened in the S, but just this wednsday, I was at waterpolo practice and as I put my foot in the water it landed on a stinger!! just a stinger, no bee!!!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:10 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I've been stung a couple times in other cars, not in the S yet. Those stings make me swell up for about 2 days.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
A bee or a wasp?

Quick Reply: How many times has this happened to you??? Top Down....