S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

how many miles onnew s2k when you picked it up?

Old 12-19-2000, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine had 8 miles on it.
Old 12-19-2000, 04:43 PM

Mine had 8 as well, about 6 of which were mine. When I first went to see it (the night I bought it but didn't bring it home for 3 days later) it was still in the white plastic. I strongly considered buying the white one in the showroom since it was *so* clean...if had been pearl maybe, but in the end I went for the *most common* silver/red.
Old 12-19-2000, 04:55 PM

Mine had about 20.
Old 12-19-2000, 05:10 PM
vmb

I think Rick Hesel hit my biggest concern about having 64 miles on the odometer- "provided they didn't over-rev it." Well, when I was looking at the S2K for the first time, the dealer "made" me test drive the white/red that was on the floor. (they almost pushed me into the car!) Then on the road the dealer told me to rev it all the way up to redline. Well, I do have a lot of respect for cars in general, and I shared my hesitancy to do this to a new, unbroken-in engine, but he said to do it anyways, "you won't hurt it." So I did. I ordered my silver/blk when we got back from the test drive. No way would I have taken a demo car that half a dozen people have redlined without it being broken in or even worse- not fully warmed up (I know about the limits if too cold). Who knows what lies down the road for such a motor, say at 36065 miles, just after the warrantee expires!

But if the other scenarios are the case, like the dealers trading, or a "casual" test drive (right!), maybe it'll all be OK. Maybe it'll all be OK even if it was driven hard, I hope so! Maybe you could get the dealer to tack on another year/12K miles onto the standard warrantee?

In any case, it's an incredible car, welcome to the club
Old 12-19-2000, 06:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

vmb - It sounds like you and I had the same salesman . I refused to VTEC the floor model, even after the salesman did, and expressed my concern over his treatment of a new car despite the WRITTEN ADMONITION in the owner's manual of not exceeding 6k RPM until after 600 miles had been driven. I bought the car that came in the next day, and to address the topic of the thread, it had 14 miles on it.
Old 12-19-2000, 06:33 PM

4 miles including a 1 mile round trip to the gas station...

Old 12-19-2000, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are TOO PICKY!

Mine had 18 when I took delivery and I know for a fact only Wade R at Valley Motor Honda drove it. It's a small town and word gets around. Wade prepped it.

Dick Weber, the owner of Valley Motor Honda, told me Honda in Japan selects a certain percentage from the assembly line for more extensive testing and the cars arrive off of the boat with between 2 and 60 miles. 60 is rare but part of the overall quality control.

If someone took yours out and overrevved it, just forget about it. It is probably not going to be a problem and there's a three year warranty. Besides, if you do have a problem, you can always allege that "I bet that 155 mph on the internal computer was part of the 64 miles of joyriding my dealer permitted before I took delivery." At least in Wyoming, the original title shows the number of miles at time of sale.

Old 12-19-2000, 06:52 PM

5.5 miles. They took it around the corner for gas, that's it.

As I was recently checking out a yellow one, I saw another local dealer let someone drive a white/red without a salesman, and the customer took his son with him. When it came back, it smelled like my car after I just drove it hard down a curvy road The son was grinning from ear to ear. I asked the salesman why he let the customer take it out without a warning about how to drive it, he said he didn't care because it sold cars. Some salesman just don't care.

Old 12-19-2000, 07:19 PM

2 or 3 miles on mine before I test drove it. Brought it back with 11 and finished the deal right then!
Old 12-19-2000, 08:10 PM

I had 25 when i picked it up...When i test drove it...it had about 15

Quick Reply: how many miles onnew s2k when you picked it up?