S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

how many miles onnew s2k when you picked it up?

Old 12-19-2000, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am about to pick my new 2000 s2k on friday. I checked yesterday as it was in the processed of getting prepped ,and it shows 64 miles on the odometer . Isn't this excessive? should I be worried or this is within the normal milage for a new car. what is your opinion?
also I asked them to take care of the 2 safety recalls out on the 2000 model year. how can I be sure it was actually done?
(I can't help but worry about all tese little details ). other then that , I am getting a preety good deal: $1660 UNDER MSRP. incl.floor mats and wind screen.
Old 12-19-2000, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine had 3 miles on it. When I pulled it out to look at it prior to PDI and 7 when I drove it off the lot. Randy the tech actually sorta apologized for having to put those 4 miles on it.

I'd be a little suspicious. They only need to drive it a very short distance to during PDI. If its a 2000 maybe they demo'd it a few times. I wouldn't be to worried though seeing the deal your getting!

Just my 2cent

Old 12-19-2000, 11:19 AM
Tox

I think 64 is excessive, and suggests your car was used for a few test drives.

This question was asked on H-A.net six months or so ago, and most answers were in the 9-15 range. Mine was 13.7.
Old 12-19-2000, 11:19 AM

My S2K had 11 miles on it when I picked it up, which was almost immediately after PDI (I put a deposit down 6 weeks prior). The salesman filled it up with gas, otherwise it would have been 4 or 5 miles.

Yes, your car w/ 64 miles on it probably was test driven a couple of times before you bought it. I wouldn't be toooo worried, but do a thorough check of the entire car to make sure everything is in order before you take it and follow the proper break-in procedure
Old 12-19-2000, 11:27 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by yidal8:
...Also I asked them to take care of the 2 safety recalls out on the 2000 model year. how can I be sure it was actually done?
(I can't help but worry about all tese little details ).
Mine had 14 miles on it. As far as the 2 safety recalls, the TSB for the convertible top cover recall directs the dealer to center punch the VIN plate, someplace over the "J" or "H" if I remember correctly. If the punch is not there, just put the cover on and see how it fits. Put the seat all the way back, if there is interference between the top cover and the belt, you need a new cover. I suspect that you have a pretty high VIN, so I doubt if this will be a problem for you. As far as the seatbelt retractors, I've never seen a copy of the TSB, so I don't know how the dealer was to note this repair.
Old 12-19-2000, 11:37 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 139 Likes on 87 Posts

If I remember correctly, I had 6 or 7 miles.

It is possible that your car was a trade with another dealer somewhere and was driven from one dealer to another. I know my dealer will do that to get the customer specific colors or to get a car for a customer. My dealer traded 2 other cars to get a Black/Black.

Jim
Old 12-19-2000, 11:39 AM

I had 25. . . A little higher than I expected , but definitely not unreasonable. . .

64 seems almost unreasonable . . . That being said, check the car out carefully and remember: your warranty will begin at 64 miles and you'll be covered until 36,064. . .

good luck
Old 12-19-2000, 11:44 AM

I made my dealer trade a red for a black in PA. The other dealer was about 60 miles away and they drove both cars in exchange. I also had it enclosed transported to TX, so the final miles on mine was about 80.

At least I understood where the miles came from and that it was from my request. (Actually, my saleswomen was the one who drove my car. She was so afraid of it. )

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PokS2k:
[B]If I remember correctly, I had 6 or 7 miles.

It is possible that your car was a trade with another dealer somewhere and was driven from one dealer to another.
Old 12-19-2000, 11:44 AM

2 - YES ONLY TWO....

FK
Old 12-19-2000, 12:46 PM

Mine had 13 miles at delivery. I agree with the posters who said your 64 miles car may have been driven for a few demo rides. On the recalls being done, couldn't the service department put your VIN in the computer, and print a service record for you to show work done?

Quick Reply: how many miles onnew s2k when you picked it up?