S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How to keep that new car smell?

Old 02-06-2001, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not pee on the cat?
Old 02-06-2001, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by RossoS2K
Why not pee on the cat?
Rosso, it is fairly clear you have never incurred the wrath of a vengeful Siamese before - if Greg Stevens thought Mr Pockets (satanic chihuahua) was trouble then I can tell you he ain't seen nothing yet.

This cat has alrady torn up a brand new leather sofa because we tried to lock him in the laundry at night rather than letting him sleep on the children's beds (I draw the line at our bed during the night but my wife still lets him in our bedroom at 5.30 every morning when he puts up such a hell of a wailing that you realise you ain't going to get any more sleep if you keep trying to ignore him). As I say this is my wife and daughter's cat so it's a choice for me to either live with it or get a divorce and I know which is the cheaper option

C3, I'm sorry if this is getting off topic.
Old 02-07-2001, 07:51 PM

Just add a chick with leather pants...keeps that new car smell :-)
Old 02-08-2001, 06:11 AM

I have a Glock 23 you can borrow if you need to have a "one way discussion" with your feline!

Just don't do it near the car - or you might have a worse mess than with urine problem.

Ahhhhhh.....Cats.....the OTHER white meat

OR

Sure, I like cats......but I couldn't eat a whole one!

Cheers,
Old 02-08-2001, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Sime
I have a Glock 23 you can borrow if you need to have a "one way discussion" with your feline!
Glock23?? Sorry, not familiar with it - I assume this is a weapon of some sorts.
Old 02-08-2001, 01:42 PM

Glock 23 is a .40 caliber composite-bodied semi-automatic pistol. Glock pistols are used as service weapons by 70% of US Law Enforcement Agencies, the entire NSW Police as well as the entire Austrian army.

They ar VERY accurate and bombproof. They can be fired underwater, covered in mud, or dropped in sand. Awesome pistols that are extremely reliable.

Probably 'overkill' for use on a cat though!
Old 02-08-2001, 01:42 PM

Ceramic, undetectable in airport metal detectors (At least some models). When I shot a Glock I also noticed that the thing had a hair-trigger.

Hmm. Sime must be an international spy...
Old 02-08-2001, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by song

Hmm. Sime must be an international spy...
I just hope he's not an ex-NSW cop then we'd all really be in trouble!
Old 02-08-2001, 01:54 PM

Ahhhhh.......dang....my identity revealed! Song, what did I tell you !!!!!!

Actually, none of the Glock's are concealable from any type of metal detector. That is a common misconception. They actually have metal pieces irretrievably embedded in the polymer body during the thermoforming process, as well as the slide itself being fully metal which of course is detectable! Duh!

You might be confusing it with the ceramic gun used in that Clint Eastwood movie where he was a presidential bodygard (I forget it's title). The Glock is nothing like this. Actually, polymer body pistols are also built by HK, Smith and Wesson and Kahr amongst other major manufacturers.

The Glock 23 has a (Double Action) 5.5lb trigger pull - which is a lot heavier than a 3lb single action pull of a Colt 1911 type pistol. I knowwhat you mean about the 'hair trigger ' - it does feel that way at times. However, Glock's also have triple safeties built into them so you can't shoot your cat unless you really wanted to!

I'm not a gun fanatic but I do enjoy shooting. No, I do not hunt anything (including cats!), just paper targets!!!!

Actually, I retired from the international spy league a short while ago. You might recall my compatriot......Austin Powers. He took over for me! :-)

Cheers!

PS. No NSW cop either!!! Man, those guys take care of shooting themselves.....the criminals don't even need to do it! I hear the word 'incompetence', don't you?!!!!
Old 02-08-2001, 09:25 PM

Nothing comes between me and my Glock 17. Except of course all applicable laws and restrictions.