S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

how easy and fast is the conv top cover

Old 03-04-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclon36,Mar 4 2005, 07:40 AM
I wish Honda would have put just a little more money in the 04 and made an automatic boot like everyone else. Or at the minimum, make the top fold like the Z4 so the top becomes the boot.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:35 AM

Anybody have any pictures of the cover on and off ?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:30 PM

Not really... I can't tell you this. It definitely looks better with the cover on!
Old 03-04-2005, 01:43 PM

My cover and dining room table extension are happily living under my guest bed. The only thing that stopped me from selling mine is the hunch that when I sell the car I will have to buy another to make the buyer happy.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cyclon36,Mar 4 2005, 07:40 AM
I wish Honda would have put just a little more money in the 04 and made an automatic boot like everyone else. Or at the minimum, make the top fold like the Z4 so the top becomes the boot.
I'm the exact opposite. I wish they'd stop softening it and adding stuff that really doesn't need to be there. I'd actually be ok with a manual top if it cut 50 lbs.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by ttah,Mar 4 2005, 06:04 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I wish they'd stop softening it and adding stuff that really doesn't need to be there. I'd actually be ok with a manual top if it cut 50 lbs.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Whole bunch of pictures of a car with the cover on and off here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...8&category=6253

I've never used mine once! It lives underneath my bed.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:13 PM
R11

It's OK to be anal about your car. Really. But at least use excuses that make some sense . This stuff about the "wind" beating the crap out of the top when it's down is pretty funny. The wind does absolutely nothing to the top when it's down. What are you people doing? Driving around with the top half way down? When it's retracted all the way it's neatly (and tightly) folded down on top of itself in a hole. It does not bounce, flap or in any other way move about. The wind has no effect on it. The only thing the cover does is keep dust off, for the most part, the top fold (not even the window). Some of us even think the S looks better without it because it sticks up so far and messes up the lines of the car. Every time I see an S with the cover on it makes me think about those big ol' thick foam neck braces whiplash victims wear .

Having owned a couple manual top roadsters in the past (and as someone who puts the top up and down all the time), I will however stick up for the electric top .

ron
Old 03-04-2005, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by R11,Mar 4 2005, 04:13 PM
It's OK to be anal about your car. Really. But at least use excuses that make some sense . This stuff about the "wind" beating the crap out of the top when it's down is pretty funny. The wind does absolutely nothing to the top when it's down. What are you people doing? Driving around with the top half way down? When it's retracted all the way it's neatly (and tightly) folded down on top of itself in a hole. It does not bounce, flap or in any other way move about. The wind has no effect on it. The only thing the cover does is keep dust off, for the most part, the top fold (not even the window). Some of us even think the S looks better without it because it sticks up so far and messes up the lines of the car. Every time I see an S with the cover on it makes me think about those big ol' thick foam neck braces whiplash victims wear .

Having owned a couple manual top roadsters in the past (and as someone who puts the top up and down all the time), I will however stick up for the electric top .

ron
I thought that extra grime and dirt gets into your car when the top is down and the cover is there to help keep it out of the mechanical sections of the top?
Old 03-04-2005, 03:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gretzky,Mar 3 2005, 08:06 PM
Mine is also still in the plastic bag that it came in, and is currently taking up space in my closet
I kept mine in the garage for three years and never once used it. Finally sold it for $50. Honda's retail price on that part is about $800, but the substantial third-party "still in the bag" market probably means that no one has ever bought a replacement from Honda.

Quick Reply: how easy and fast is the conv top cover