S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How do you guys wash your cars?

Old 11-13-2002, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKG 26
[B]ok, NOW i get the inference....hahahahahahaha...

out of the the 5 posts per day, 1/2 are about cars and 4 1/2 are about other things.....

ps
Old 11-13-2002, 01:43 PM

The owner's manual says not to take it through a car wash. It also says not to VTEC before 600 miles and obviously people do both. Can't complain IF you should have problems later because of your actions. To me it's like mods: it's your car...do what you want with it. I don't like mods but I don't care if other people do.

I like to wash my car myself when possible as I enjoy doing it. I have seen fine cars that I wouldn't drive because they were so filthy but it's not my car so I don't care.

Everyone to their own eh?
Old 11-13-2002, 01:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oops.....i vtec'd the day i got my car too......

i'm tellin' you guys, i don't care!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2002, 01:59 PM

I like to use old newspapers to wipe the S down. No streaks.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:12 PM

No one cares that you don't care. So, if you don't care then don't post something that says you don't care, because it shows you do care. People who don't care ignore things... Like people who do care WASH THEIR CARS. So in the back of your head you probably care that you don't wash your car and that you messed up your engine by VTECing before 600 miles.

P.S. Im just messing with ya!
Old 11-13-2002, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wash mine myself, largely because I can: driveway, hose, etc. I can definitely understand someone who lives in an apartment using a commercial carwash. And if someone who has a driveway, etc. chooses to use the commercial carwash and spend the time saved doing something they enjoy (maybe even driving the "S"), then more power to them.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:46 PM

Come'on guys, why keep arguing? TKG 26 answered the question that's that. So what he takes his car to the car wash? a lot of people do that. I mean, there are people who don't even take it out to get washed at all! and they're doing fine. Everyone's different and we should all respect that.
For example, my father loves cars, but it doesn't bother him his car is dirty or damaged. If it's dirty, he would take his car to the car wash once in a while. If his car is damaged, he gets it fixed. No big deal except the inconvenience for a while. On the other hand, I can't stand the car being dirty because I think it represents me when I drive it.
Now if we can all stop talking about this and ACTUALLY get back to the topic?
I actually believe that as long as you fully warm up the engine, you won't do noticeable damage to the brand new engine even if you VTEC it. Don't you think it's been VTEC'ed like in that few miles on the car before delivery? I've seen how the people at the dock drive the cars! Most of the times, the engines have been run at the factory as a quality control procedure as well.
Anyway...

Here's how I wash my car.
I usually leave my car in the garage overnight and wash in the morning. I hose the car down from the top. I mix a little Meguiar's car wash with a bucket of water, then I wash the top-hood-trunk with a sheepskin wash mitt. (I hose down each part after I wipe it with the mitt) If the car isn't too dirty, I also wash about halfway down the side with the wash mitt, but when it rains a lot and the car gets really dirty, I use a regular wash mitt for the lower parts of the car. Then I wash the wheels with a separate sponge. Finally I hose the car down from the top again with nozzle off, this way the water sheets off and it's a lot easier to dry. I then dry the car with 100% cotton towel and then I open the doors, hood, trunk, fuel door, and wipe down those areas, then I get some old paper towel to soak up the water trapped in the seams of the car. Hope this helps.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:52 PM

I think I started something.
Thank-you to all that gave me input about washing my car.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 11-13-2002, 05:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JL9000
[B]Come'on guys, why keep arguing? TKG 26 answered the question that's that. So what he takes his car to the car wash? a lot of people do that. I mean, there are people who don't even take it out to get washed at all! and they're doing fine. Everyone's different and we should all respect that.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by OhioRacer

I can't believe you said that. You're fired!
I can't believe you said that, because I was gonna.

We must be on the same page.
I so wish it was that easy. Though I find myself relaxed while and after washing my S2000.
It's like a giant stress ball.
I think of the money saved, and the great job that I'm doing. Check my signature.

Pay someone to scratch my paint. Sure.

Quick Reply: How do you guys wash your cars?