S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How do you choose the color??????

Old 10-29-2001, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you choose the color??????

Hi guys,

I've been looking at all the pics of different color of the S2000 and I have no idea how to pick a color. The reason is I like all of them colors. Hehe.

However, from my personal tastes, I have eliminated white because I think white is for a tropical weather sedans.. hehe.

I'm now left with red, yellow, silver, and black and I have analyzed them as follows...

Yellow: A color for the true sports car, it's young looking, attractice, and unique. You don't see too many yellows on the road. However, it looks a bit candy like.. or bee like.

Red: Another true sports car color. This is a hot and provoking color and it shows the lines of the S2000 extremely beautifully. It's almost on the edge of pimping. However, red doesn't seem to be the most masculine or macho color, in my mind.

Silver: One of the most popular color on the S2000, well atleast silverstone was. It also shows the lines of the car very beautifully and makes the car look somewhat futuristic because it looks very metalic and machine like. However, it seems like everyone has a silver car.... somehow.

Black: The meaneset and baddest color for the S2000. Somewhat hides the lines of the car, but looks very very sharp when it's shinny and clean. Drawback is it doesn't last long looking good because 15 minutes after you wash it, it gets dirty again.

So, I'm not here to create flame or provoke arguments about color choice because everyone has their own opinion and taste on colors. However, I'm asking if anyone can add or offer their opinion and help me choose a color because as of now.. the colors are ranked as follows to me...

Tie in 1st place: Black, silver and red
Alone in 2nd place: Yellow

Help, I live in agony everyday... even though I'm not close to ordering yet. I even dreamed I was driving the S2000 last night. I don't remember the color though...

Jimmy
Old 10-29-2001, 08:30 PM

Ahh.. noone has any opinion on colors?

Jimmy
Old 10-29-2001, 08:47 PM

Yellow!!!!

Its unique. (Well not really in the bay area, but I'm sure it is just about everywhere else)

Women love it. (I was gonna buy black, the only manly color, but all my lady friends demanded I get yellow)

The only car I've ever thought looked good in yellow is this one!

Doesn't show the spirals as bad as black... (I'm not even sure there are any on my car).

Cops love you !

Adds 10 HP....

Looks awsome!!

There really is no better color!

-- Robert
Old 10-29-2001, 08:49 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd obviously say that yellow is the way to go but that would be a biased opinion. Advice on picking colours....well..you have analyzed each colour so well, but perhaps that in itself is the problem. Don't spend too much effort in picking colour...go with your gut instinct. I knew from day one that I had to have yellow; I didn't even give the other colours a second glance.
Hope that helps.
Asif
Old 10-29-2001, 08:51 PM

The color picked me - it was the only one I could get without waiting three months. Silver/Black. Couldn't be happier. But you might not have the same trouble these days.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:56 PM

This has been brought up time after time, and really, it's just personal preference. It's your car, and you have to see what color will be the best overall for you.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:57 PM

Yeah, I like the yellow man!!!
I really like black but it leaves swirl marks really easily.

Let me ask you guys... do you think the rear end of a black S2000 looks like the rear end of a black Mazda Miata? My friend told me he thinks that way, but I don't. Was wondering what you 2 though.

Jimmy
Old 10-29-2001, 09:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimmy325
[B]...I even dreamed I was driving the S2000 last night.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:16 PM

DJ Qube,

Hmm... that's what I heard.. but I do remember seeing colors in my dream... well.. I saw skin color before.. hehe.

Hey, can you tell me where you got your Silver baby S2000? Also, I'm looking to buy the 2002 MY. Do you know how long it takes from order til delivery?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 10-29-2001, 09:22 PM

How about Suzuka Blue, another new color for 2002?

Just remember, regardless of your choice, when it comes to sports cars . . .

Quick Reply: How do you choose the color??????