S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Honda has just voided the warranty on my transmission.

Old 07-20-2002, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mas
* Explore the possibility that your car could be declared a lemon, seriously.
In MA, the car can only be delcared a lemon within the first year. My car is one year, one month old so unfortunately this is no longer a possibility

* Never give them the idea that you're frustrated and want to sell the car, etc.
Heh, I'll have to work on that

[QUOTE]
BTW, how did you finance the car and where?
Old 07-20-2002, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by iLikeBeer
This thread is almost starting to make me wish I hadn't bought my car
Don't give up hope yet. This is a poor move on Honda's part, but holds no weight in the legal arena. I love my car too much to let some big business buracraucy ruin my enjoyment of it. Although I'm hoping for a quick resolution, I plan to fight this all the way - there's now way I'm going to take this kind of crap from an auto manufacturer. I refuse to give any corporation control over my life (i.e. tell me how to drive my car).
Old 07-20-2002, 02:06 PM
Banned

Hey, Mike, if you get a chance, add this story to my thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=72694

Blake
Old 07-20-2002, 10:25 PM

I've got a MY01 with 18500+ on it and the tires aren't changed yet. It handles great and I can still launch without spinning. I take turns very sharp and fast and I think, overall, my S02's have held up nicely.

However, one of the guys at the shop where I got the oil changed did ask me what I did to the rears-he said they looked in fair to bad shape....but I just can't feel the difference when driving.

Anyway, hopefully I will move up to 18's by the end of the year...this won't void my warranty, will it....HA!
Old 07-20-2002, 10:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by striklybidnis
[B]I've got a MY01 with 18500+ on it and the tires aren't changed yet.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

Just a view from across the pond.....

THis is exceedingly strange. Have you considered the fact that your DEALERSHIP may be the one who doesn't want to deal with you anymore, not Honda?

Have you seen or heard anything from Honda themselves?

S02s do not last much beyond 11k/12k on average here in the UK (mine went at 11k and I don't abuse my car in any way) and Honda will kbe well aware of this... so to use this as a reason for denying your warranty sounds very suspect!

Plus, we have the odd member on the UK forum who has had ongoing transmission problems with several warranty repairs/replacements and nothing like this has ever been said to them.

If I were you, I'd want to see something in writing confirming the denial of warranty from Honda themselves. Your dealer may be making this up.

Just my 2c

Pete
Old 07-21-2002, 04:26 AM

Mike, can you tell us exactly what Honda said. I can't imagine they said we don't like your tire wear therefore we are voiding your warranty. They must have expanded on that explanation. Do they believe the car has been raced or abused in other ways. Did they specify what they think is the cause. If its just tire wear I would not even worry about it. Let them fix it and if you have another problem take it back to fix it again. If they refuse take them to court. A very effective tactic if the cost is under your state limit is to take them to small claims court. Corporations just hate small claims court. They can't have high priced attornies and they often lose. Just the data from this forum would convince the judge tires are not an issue.
Old 07-21-2002, 06:59 AM
mas

Hey, I'd still try. How long has your car been in for repairs. You can make the case that it's not your fault and the dealership/repair shop kept the car too long for you to do anything about the lemon law.

Originally posted by S4 Mike

In MA, the car can only be delcared a lemon within the first year. My car is one year, one month old so unfortunately this is no longer a possibility

Old 07-21-2002, 08:47 AM

LET'S ALL think about why they did this????

hmmmmmmmmmmmm TRYING TO AVOID THE LEMON LAW!!

This would count as #2 for the same problem.. soon he would have to get a new S2000 under the lemon law... THIS is the BS that a lot of car manufacturers are doing to creep into a loop hole in the system!
Old 07-21-2002, 11:27 AM

18k miles??? that must be only the front tires right? i didnt think the rears could last that long

Nope...all four....I'm beginning to think that I have been neglecting my baby ....but I just don't feel any problems...hardly any slip/squeal when taking a hard turn...maybe I just got a good set of tires???

Quick Reply: Honda has just voided the warranty on my transmission.