S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Honda Extended Warranty

Old 01-30-2005, 06:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

800 Cannuck bucks is a pretty good price for a Honda extended warranty BUT some things to consider:
Being a Canadian extended warranty, it may fall under different conditions than what has been posted by our good friends to the south. For one, check to see if the unused portion can even be "cashed in". It may not. Also, read the fine print in the extended. This is vastly different from the factory warranty that came with the new car. If you so much as modify the lug nuts, they can deny coverage for ANYTHING, even though it may be totally unrelated to the lug nuts. I can't remember exactly when we met last year if you had any mods on your car or if you intended on doing any mods. Now, if the dealer rep who sells you the extended is willing to strike out the fine print and sign his name to it, then go ahead and do it. If he hesitates, you better wonder why.
Have a read of this current thread and make up your own mind on the issue:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...opic=261434&st
Old 01-30-2005, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper' date='Jan 30 2005, 08:18 PM
800 Cannuck bucks is a pretty good price for a Honda extended warranty BUT some things to consider:
Being a Canadian extended warranty, it may fall under different conditions than what has been posted by our good friends to the south. For one, check to see if the unused portion can even be "cashed in". It may not. Also, read the fine print in the extended. This is vastly different from the factory warranty that came with the new car. If you so much as modify the lug nuts, they can deny coverage for ANYTHING, even though it may be totally unrelated to the lug nuts. I can't remember exactly when we met last year if you had any mods on your car or if you intended on doing any mods. Now, if the dealer rep who sells you the extended is willing to strike out the fine print and sign his name to it, then go ahead and do it. If he hesitates, you better wonder why.
Have a read of this current thread and make up your own mind on the issue:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...opic=261434&st
Thanks Dave.

We met last July, don't you remember ?

My car is lowered and has an exhaust, i don't know if those two mods will effect the warranty. I can have this deal before Feb 18th, so i still have lots of time to make up my mind. I will talk to the dealer guy, see what he says.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by WtbS2k' date='Jan 30 2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks Dave.

We met last July, don't you remember ?

My car is lowered and has an exhaust, i don't know if those two mods will effect the warranty. I can have this deal before Feb 18th, so i still have lots of time to make up my mind. I will talk to the dealer guy, see what he says.
Of course I remember. I went for a "diagnostic" ride with you in your car. What I meant was that I couldn't remember if you had any mods.
A lowered car and an exhaust would normally violate the conditions of an extended warranty. Like I said, read the fine print and if necessary, get the dealer finance guy to strike that stuff off and sign his name to it. That may be the only way that you will stand even the smallest chance of making a claim on that warranty later should the need arise.

Try this:
Phone up another dealer service dept. and tell them you have a CEL for a bad VTEC solenoid and you need a new one. Tell them that you have an exhaust and the car is lowered BUT you have the extended warranty and your factory warranty is finished. See what they say. I'll bet they tell you you're SOL.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper' date='Jan 30 2005, 11:00 PM
Of course I remember. I went for a "diagnostic" ride with you in your car. What I meant was that I couldn't remember if you had any mods.
A lowered car and an exhaust would normally violate the conditions of an extended warranty. Like I said, read the fine print and if necessary, get the dealer finance guy to strike that stuff off and sign his name to it. That may be the only way that you will stand even the smallest chance of making a claim on that warranty later should the need arise.

Try this:
Phone up another dealer service dept. and tell them you have a CEL for a bad VTEC solenoid and you need a new one. Tell them that you have an exhaust and the car is lowered BUT you have the extended warranty and your factory warranty is finished. See what they say. I'll bet they tell you you're SOL.
Thanks for the help Dave ,

I will make a trip to the dealer tomorrow, get the coverage information, and see what they say about modded car.