S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Honda dealers say the funniest things

Old 06-20-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happend at a Mazda dealer. The RX8 had just come out so i thought id go have a look,just for piece of mind before i bought my S.

After a test drive i told the salesman, that the car wasnt as stiff as the S. I mentioned something along the lines, about it being a four door, the chassis didnt feel as rigid. The salesman replied "Ud be suprised,with technology theses days, these cars dont even use chassis"
Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 PM

wow I tell you some of this stuff you couldnt make up if you tried...truly priceless On my lovely experience at a honda dealer I was looking at silverstone/red 01 S2000. I just came in to ask about it and got a salesman who obviously did not take me seriously being as how I am a young looking guy. But yea we look at the car and he proceeds to tell me about it and whatnot after all that we get inside and I ask him if I can test drive it. He proceeds to tell me that No because they have been stolen of his lot and its not possible to test drive. I told him no way I would consider a car without a test drive, he proceeds to leave the room and comes back with another salesman. This guy is telling me there is a deposit on the car and to come back at 6, i nodded my head and said sure thing. Either way I went next door to another dealer which had the car I did buy a Suzuka 02 The driver side latch needed replacing so I made sure when I got the car taken there that day to drive past the sales guy that declined my test drive. Funny thing about it is I drove past that dealer on my way to work and last time I checked about 2 weeks ago it was still there ha
Old 06-21-2006, 04:02 AM

When i bought my 05 s2000, i went to the dealer and he tried to tell me that the s2000 was a v6, me knowing it was not opened the hood and made him take a look, safe to say he felt pretty dumb. He also said that the cae weighed only 1100lbs, and that it was all wheel drive. Yeah I know i got the moron of the group. Then also my car had sat outside under a carcover for about 4 months under a covered area, and when i took it for a test drive we put the car cover in the trunk and took it for a spin, we started the paperwork and then i went home and i was going to come back the next day to finish the paperwork and the car was going to get the underbody coating on it and all that good stuff. Well The dealer asked me where the car cover was cuz he said he had to charge me for it if i wanted it and i said well you get to explain how you gave me a free car cover or how you misplaced it cuz i took it out and its at home and I am keeping it, and so i got a free car cover and free liscencing and all that good stuff with my car. All in all, it was pretty cool for me.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:58 AM

omg bump for a super funny thread!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:10 AM

when I bought my MY01 silverstone, they only gave me one key.

me: "does it come with a spare, valet and remote?"

salesguy: "umm...we'll get you some keys made, but I'm not sure if the 2001 edition came with a remote..."

me: "well, tell me this....how is it that the cheapest car you sell comes with a keyless remote standard and your premium sports car doesn't?"

salesguy: "well, it's a sports car so, you don't need a remote, you just have the key."
me: "...where's your sales manager?"
Old 06-21-2006, 02:04 PM

I was at an Acura dealership a while back and a salesman tried to sell me a "real gem"... the worlds ONLY rear wheel drive ITR... it also had 300HP by the way!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean,Jun 21 2006, 06:04 PM
I was at an Acura dealership a while back and a salesman tried to sell me a "real gem"... the worlds ONLY rear wheel drive ITR... it also had 300HP by the way!
Funny how you mentioned this.

I visited a Honda dealer once and a salesman babbled about how much power the S2000 has, how fast it can go, etc. He then said it's one of the best handling front wheel drive cars. I asked him again whether he said front or rear wheel drive, he repeated again and said front wheel.

On a side note, in 1998, a Honda dealer told me that the Honda Prelude TypeSH goes faster around the track than a bunch of other sports cars including Viper and Boxster, except for the M3 (E36 back then) according to Car and Driver. I guess he read the C&D "Best Handling Car" article and took it the wrong way -- Better handling always equates to faster lap times
Old 06-21-2006, 03:15 PM

I checked with my dealer this afternoon about a hard top and was told they can't get one. I was just trying to find out what their price was. Has production of the hard tops stopped?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteAP1,Jun 20 2006, 09:04 PM
The salesman replied "Ud be suprised,with technology theses days, these cars dont even use chassis"
thanks, I just shot raisen bran out of my nose
Old 06-21-2006, 03:31 PM

This was back in 2005 when i was first lookin to buy the S. Went for a test drive and he started talking about the limited storage space..... he opened up the center "glove box" and said "see this is all you have".... i stared at him for half a second and opened the "secret compartment" ....he just smiled and said " that must be new for 05" ......

Quick Reply: Honda dealers say the funniest things