S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Honda dealers say the funniest things

Old 04-04-2005, 07:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here is a Toyota story for you! I went in to lease a 2005 toyota Tundra Double-Cab because I heard that they had some good specials for $0 down sign and drive for $289/mo lease. I got to the dealer and the salesman told me that they were $249 sign and drive. I went home to think about it and came back to Toyota to sign the deal. The salesman appoligized and said that $249 was incorrect and that it was $289. I went ahead and leased the truck that night. 2 weeks later I saw a TV ad for $249 sign and drive from the same dealership!!!! Boy was I mad!!!! I let them have it and uncovered their scheme. They immediately yanked the TV add never to be seen again. Toyota (The corp headquarters was offering $289) the dealer was advertising $249 to get people in and then say it was a mistake. How frustrating!!!!!! At least Honda doesn't yank people around like that!!!

P.S. That Tundra is the nicest truck I have ever owned. It is a joy to drive. I guess I'll put up with the crappy business tactics for such a great truck. The S2000 is now just a weekend cruiser. It's amazing how new it feels everytime I drive it now since it's not my daily driver.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ that is exactly what I'm talking about..... there had to be another dealer in the area that deserved your business more than those guys
MAtt

BTW I got the same tundra deal I love this thing!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:30 PM

Ran into a couple funny dealers while searching for my s2k..

First dealer - I asked if they had any silver w/ red in stock. The dude was like "sure.. let me show you." Brings me around to a silver/black - so I tell him again that I wanted red interior. "Oh, we don't make that"

Second dealer - I asked the same question, and the smart arse salesman goes, "for 2004 the red interior is custom made and it costs $40,000."

I wonder why these guys even bother.. I ended up emailing all the dealers around to find what I exactly wanted and have been smiling ever since
Old 04-04-2005, 08:53 PM

Man you guys have some cynical views about the dealerships. Well, lucky for me. I am only 2 hours away from Hardtopguy and Ganley Honda.

Frankly, I have no issues with my local dealership but I've heard so much praises about the Ganley Honda and I will be taking my car up there for valve adjustments and other maintenance works.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The S2000 has the most horsepower per liter of any production car."
me: "Not including turbo-charged cars, though right?."
"ANY car, the S2000 is the best."
me: "The EVO is 2L and has ~280hp."
"The S2000 has more than that."

This was while looking at a used '01 at Kline Nissan in Wayzata, MN. Those guys were very shady and I'd never do business with them.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:13 PM

This isn't about the S2k, but last weekend I went to test drive a TL with some friends who are in the market for a new car. I ended up talking to the salesman about the TL and G35, pros and cons. That salesguy was swearing that a V8 was optional on the G35. I told him, "No, those 300 horses come for a 6 cylinder." He's like, "No way, it's got to be a V8." yada yada yada....
Old 04-04-2005, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2kracka,Apr 4 2005, 09:19 PM
"The S2000 has the most horsepower per liter of any production car."
me: "Not including turbo-charged cars, though right?."
"ANY car, the S2000 is the best."
me: "The EVO is 2L and has ~280hp."
"The S2000 has more than that."

This was while looking at a used '01 at Kline Nissan in Wayzata, MN. Those guys were very shady and I'd never do business with them.
Oh god.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:32 PM

that is out of the training manual
Old 04-05-2005, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by arush19,Apr 4 2005, 04:08 PM
It's actually not THAT "secret" since it's described in the owner's manual. I'll give you a hint: there's a small, plastic windscreen attached to it (and you can put your weed in it).

By the way, congrats on the new car!
You know whats strange?

I popped in real quick at the local Honda dealer to check out the secret compartment (I don't have an S2000), and from all the posts I've read, it would have seemed like the only way to open it, is to first open the first side compartment, and then put your finger up a small hole with a mini latch that then opens up the secret one.

But I'm not sure if it's a thing with the European S2000 or not, but it didn't quite work like that. The secret compartment has an actual latch on it, and it can even be seen when you open the first side compartment.

Is it like this on the US spec S2K's too, or does the latch for the secret compartment vary from market to market
Old 04-05-2005, 05:00 AM

I've only bought Audi's and BMW's new in the past. I never had the experience of a Honda dealer. Overall, the 2 I visited this past week were quite good. Not as professional as the other car dealers I've purchased from in the past, but they were not bad. Nissan, on the other hand. those dealers were snakes. Every one I visited. The sales guy was practically crying when I told him "NO" I'm going over to Honda to buy the S2000. Sorry.

The Honda dealer I bought it from had a sales guy that knew the car, and didn't have to "Get the manager" to get approval to do the deal I wanted.

I guess it's the volume vs. quality thing.

But overall, I'm pretty pleased with my Honda buying experience.

Now, we'll see how the service stacks up in the near future!

Quick Reply: Honda dealers say the funniest things