S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Honda dealers say the funniest things

Old 04-04-2005, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda dealers say the funniest things

So I went in for an oil change a week ago at the local Honda dealership, and had the following conversation with the maintenance representative (note: i don't think he was an actual technician):

Me: "I am planning on doing some oil changes at home in the future, and was wondering, if you guys use regular or synthetic?"

Honda guy: "We use a special oil made just for the Honda S2000."

Me: "Well the manual says use 10W30, so could you ask the tech if it's synthetic?"

Honda guy: "I don't think it's regular or synthetic, since it's made just for the S2000."

I thought this was kinda a funny response to my question. The guy gave me a look like my car would blow up if i didn't use the "special oil" (which i'm pretty sure is just regular 10w30).
I was just wondering if anyone has had similar conversations with dealers that they would like to share.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:38 AM

Everytime i try to mention the tsbs and problems people have had with the holes in the softtop or the tranny shifts or the clicking from the rear end they never know what i'm talking about and try to tell me that i am mistaken and that s2000's don't have those kinds of problems.

then they proceed to type some things in their computer and reveal a list of recalls that i've never heard about b4 like seatbelts not working properly and they agree to take the car to fix these issues but they still want to charge me to look at the rear end and assess the clicking noise which i know could be fixed in a couple of minutes by regreasing and retourqing a nut.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Napoleon Dynamite,Apr 4 2005, 12:32 PM
The guy gave me a look like my car would blow up if i didn't use the "special oil"
You mean you didn't put the "special oil" in your car?

Good luck in finding a new engine!!

j/k Its just regular 10w30 oil.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everytime I go to a car dealer I know im always in for some laughs!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:06 PM

"VTEC can engage at any RPM, depending on how you are driving"
-got that when I bought it.

"same motor as the Accord, 240hp"

"that CD changer won't fit in the center console"

"this is the last year of production for the S2000"
-if I had a nickel..................
Old 04-04-2005, 12:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

One guy on this board actually had his tires rotated by the dealer when he put it in for service.

Here's an official translation from the dealer to english dictionary (2005 edition)

What the dealer said: "We use a special oil made just for the Honda S2000."

What the dealer meant: "We'd like to make you think there is a special oil that we use because we want you to come back and waste your money on our oil changes."

What the dealer said: "I don't think it's regular or synthetic, since it's made just for the S2000."

What the dealer meant: "What's synthetic? Man you're way too technical for me. I wish I had an S2000. I also wish my penis didn't itch right now. I knew I shouldn't have went to that massage parlor with the guys last night."
Old 04-04-2005, 12:18 PM

That was awesome.

I haven't had too bad of an experience, just had to show the salesman the hidden compartment.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:22 PM

That was me with the rotated tires. First oil change I had it in for. Back to front and the wrong direction. Didn't notice until I drove about 100 yards. What a weird feeling.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:23 PM

Haha...and they don't even put the tire sizes in the secret compartment
Old 04-04-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have always been told by Honda that 2004 + are wider. I parked mine right next to it and it looked the same. I asked for the dimensions and they are the same as my 2002. But salesman still demanded it was wider??? Maybe they don't teach math at auto school.

Quick Reply: Honda dealers say the funniest things