S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

honda car care days

Old 03-29-2006, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Mar 29 2006, 03:47 AM
Most manufacturers do not do anything for their customers who already bought a car.
Precisely. How can you say this and then say that peple are being immature by being wary about this "free" inspection? A lot of automotive businesses tend to sell you things you don't need by saying this and that needs replacing when in reality it is fine. I'm sure you know or have heard of it. That all being said, if I find a dealer close to me that is participating in this and my schedule permits, i'll get a free inspection.. If they say something is wrong then I'll just fix it myself
Old 03-29-2006, 03:37 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm pretty grumpy before I get my 2 cups of coffee in the morning, and I was still waiting on the coffee maker when I made that last post. I also read through the majority of the posts in S2000 Talk in that time span too, and it just seems that everyday people on S2Ki are getting more and more negative. Convict, you've been on these boards longer than I have - haven't you noticed the differences between 2004 and 2006? It is rare to find people who look at the positive side of the situation anymore.

After reading so many negative posts this morning, I got ticked off and took it out on this thread. I'm now down 1.5 cups of coffee and my grumpiness is subsiding, but I'm not sure I want to apologize for my post yet.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:54 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I guess I'm outside the norm. Being that I grew up working on cars and that I autocross mine, I inspect this stuff on my own yearly. In addition, most of this stuff is checked over during the required state safety inspection every year. On another note, the local dealer is a 1/2 drive from me. With the hour I spend waiting and the round trip, it's 2 hours of my time. The free inspection from Honda is a marketing ploy to get you into the dealership. They are hoping to get some work out of the deal, or better yet, maybe they can get you to trade it in on a new car.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not allow honda to replace anything during this inspection as I could do it all myself. I would simply let them give it a once over since its a lot easier on a lift that for myself jacking up the car from all different angles and crawling under with a flashlight in the cold
Old 03-29-2006, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if there's FREE invoved, that might not be a bad thing. You don't need to buy anything if you don't want to, so it could just be a nice heads up for the future. I'm not sure what's included in the first aid kit, but I don't have anything in my car right now, so it's gotta be better than nothing. I'll have to check and see if my Honda dealer is participating. They're large enough, so I'd imagine they would be.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Mar 29 2006, 04:37 AM
I'm pretty grumpy before I get my 2 cups of coffee in the morning, and I was still waiting on the coffee maker when I made that last post. I also read through the majority of the posts in S2000 Talk in that time span too, and it just seems that everyday people on S2Ki are getting more and more negative. Convict, you've been on these boards longer than I have - haven't you noticed the differences between 2004 and 2006? It is rare to find people who look at the positive side of the situation anymore.

After reading so many negative posts this morning, I got ticked off and took it out on this thread. I'm now down 1.5 cups of coffee and my grumpiness is subsiding, but I'm not sure I want to apologize for my post yet.
haha, even though I have been on the boards a long time, I have only owned the car for a little over a year now. Also seeing how you're a moderator and you might HAVE to read every post where people b*tch and moan and where only I read the posts that I want to, I just haven't noticed the trend as much... My response was just a in general type thing, there seems to be a distrust by the public for anything that has to do with automotive repair.