S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Holy Crap!

Old 03-13-2001, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elevation change of the Dragon.....

Video of riding the Dragon....
http://www.dealsgap.com/misc.html

Enjoy!
Old 03-13-2001, 11:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SilverSurfer
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[b]Just found this picture of The Dragon...thought you might enjoy it.
Old 03-13-2001, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Y2KS2K
[B]
Here's a little taste of the local terrain: http://www.slobc.org/rides/Crusin.html
Old 03-13-2001, 11:50 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SilverSurfer
[B]Let me know when, I will come down for that drive...I am sure some of the other Bay Area S2k will come too...sounds like a great plan for a Cali Meet.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Y2KS2K
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by SilverSurfer
[b]Let me know when, I will come down for that drive...I am sure some of the other Bay Area S2k will come too...sounds like a great plan for a Cali Meet.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:50 PM
Banned

Why don't you guys plan on doing your Cali meet the same weekend as S2KDays? At least we could be doing the same thing, just in different parts of the country...!

As for the Dragon...

It's very high stakes driving, if you goof, yer in deep doo doo. It's either a wall of rocks on one side or a cliff on the other...for the most part. UTMOST ATENTION and TOTAL FOCUS needs to be paid on this run as trouble is BIG trouble there. The first time I did it last April, I was little flabbergasted when I finished and pulled into the Deal's Gap gas station, literally blown away by what I had just done. Of course, the fat-assed Harley guys that were there looked at me and Scarlet as if I was from another planet...! THAT was a moment in time, let me tell you!

BUT!

It's very technical...! Your passenger's will either love it or they will be yacking like dogs! When Jason/Juliann and I went down there a few months ago (which was one of the best weekends in memory...and thanks again Mack!) I was first through it (naturally, since I'm the better driver...) and J&J and everyone else were behind me. Well, I come out...there's about a dozen Miatas there at the gas station and they all wave me in...and of course, I stopped, it's the only place to stop after the run. Well, I was there for about 8-10 minutes before J&J emerged...I almost went back in to make sure they didn't crash! Well, it turned out that one of the people in the car (not Jason) was on the verge of yacking, so they had to stop and let this person (who shall remain nameless) get out and walk around. When they finally rolled up, this person wasn't looking too good. All pale and flushed. Almost yacked in the S2000!

So, the moral of the story, take passengers who can handle some real treachery or give them Dramamine/Dilaudid or some other hard core sedative/medication, cuz it's a hard core love/hate kind of thing.

Man, I can't wait for April...
Old 03-13-2001, 01:01 PM

The interesting thing about that is that nameless person has done the Dragon in a motorized vehicle with a coupla fewer wheels than the s2k. I'm thinking about going myself now, but it'll depend on my racing schedule this year...
Old 03-13-2001, 02:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B]Why don't you guys plan on doing your Cali meet the same weekend as S2KDays?
Old 03-13-2001, 09:00 PM

I used haul my Ninja up there, and if you think the Harley boys gave you a funny look, I wonder what their faces looked like when I flew past, full leathers, no headlight or tag, knee on the pavement with sparks coming off my footpegs!!

Old 03-13-2001, 09:13 PM

that seriously looked like Prolene's commute to and from home. You guys have got to see Prolene's neighborhood sometimes, it's amazing for driving our cars!

Quick Reply: Holy Crap!