S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

HKS Hyper

Old 12-08-2001, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Hyper

im thinking of getting the HKS hyper.... does it make a big difference in performance if its a single or a duel exhaust?? any complains on the HKS hyper?? although i was looking for the HKS Carbon Hyper i cant seem to find it if anyone has any info about it ill be waitting for a reply soon thanx....
Old 12-08-2001, 04:25 PM

Anything with a single muffler output will produce better outputs than a twin muffler output ...
Old 12-08-2001, 04:38 PM

i also dig the titatnium carbon mufflers from hks. except they dont make a kit using those mufflers for the s. im trying to get the mufflers unversial and build my own cat back, but that doesnt look likely either. i think they only have the hyper available for the S and sell stainless and titanium universals only, no carbon titanium. anyone else know ???????
Old 12-08-2001, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Haman
im thinking of getting the HKS hyper.... does it make a big difference in performance if its a single or a duel exhaust?? any complains on the HKS hyper?? although i was looking for the HKS Carbon Hyper i cant seem to find it if anyone has any info about it ill be waitting for a reply soon thanx....
Hey Haman -- I believe S2K01 is selling his Hiper. I'd PM him for more info.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shamu
[B]

Hey Haman -- I believe S2K01 is selling his Hiper.
Old 12-09-2001, 01:27 PM

Don't make your own catback, buying a ready made one is no doubt a better choice ... Fact is, you probably don't save much in cash but quality and performance will no doubt be slightly or if not quite different.

Old 12-09-2001, 03:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Takashi KazuMori
Anything with a single muffler output will produce better outputs than a twin muffler output ...
Please post the documented tests to prove this statement. Until then this is nothing but hearsay and speculation.
Old 12-10-2001, 02:51 AM

How about my claim...

"Anything with a single muffler output will produce much higher decibel levels than a twin muffler output."...haha

Seriously, I thought Mugen had a write-up on this subject. Anyone from the trip to Japan remember this (Not that I went or anything)? Even in Mugen's ecu documentation that comes w/the ecu it recommends a single-outlet exhaust. Correct me if I'm wrong???
Old 12-10-2001, 03:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mugen has probably put more engineering into the exhaust system than all the rest combined and was even involved with the design of the stock system. Here is the write-up that says ZERO about a single system being better.. re-formatting will have to be accomplished by someone else.

Sports Exhaust System

1. Performance of the standard silencer is as follow: A. As the manufacturer
Old 12-10-2001, 03:55 AM

"During the test conducted on engine dynamometer, we tried a straight pipe from the catalyzer down and measured an increase of only several horse power output"

This statement backs up what Takashi KazuMori is saying (Yeah, I know it says straight pipe). Am I correct or is it just too early in the morning to comprehand anything for me? I'd love to see & hear your Mugen header/exhaust combo in the flesh cdelena. How about going to our S2000 Dyno Day , if not then won't you meet up w/all of us at Starbucks that morning at least?

Quick Reply: HKS Hyper