S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Hit-and-Run. :(

Old 08-09-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit-and-Run. :(

Hey guys, just wanted to talk about my s2k that was involved in a hit-&-run.

So last-night I was at a diner "Luck Wishbone", my car was parked correctly. When I was finished and left the establishment, I didn't notice the damage at the time. When I got home, pulled into the driveway. Got out and turned around then noticed the damage that ha occurred.

I promptly took pictures and I have filled out a police report online. I ha e contacted my insurance (Geico) for those that must know. The best part is, that I have contacted the establishment where I ate, and they do have cameras

So hopefully they can find the person responsible. But I think when I have some extra cash on hand, I'm going to invest into a few GoPro cameras.

Anyway I banking on that the insurance will replace the front bumper because there is so much curb rash from the previous owner and from the accident. So if they do replace it, I'm hoping that I can get a AP2 front bumper. I haven't researched to know if it's a straight swap. Could someone please enlighten me?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 AM

That sucks man i hope they can find that A*& but it don't look that bad thankfully.

Iv been thinking about doing a AP2 front as well on my03 and from whats iv seen you only have to trim the corners off of the metal crash bar behind the bumper seems like a easy DIY.

This post might help you some. My link
Old 08-09-2012, 10:20 AM

Thanks, I appreciate it. I just called the establishment, turns out they only have cameras on their cash registers....

So I'm more than likely going to have to pay my deductible, which I have no problem doing. I just really wanted to catch the D-bag who did this.....
Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM

i have a very similiar scuff mark from when an old lady backed into my car with her '88 grand marquis....definantly sucks, i know the feeling
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pankayk
Thanks, I appreciate it. I just called the establishment, turns out they only have cameras on their cash registers....

So I'm more than likely going to have to pay my deductible, which I have no problem doing. I just really wanted to catch the D-bag who did this.....
That sucks man i dont get how someone can do that and just bail out

Hope your deductible aint to bad. At least youll have nice looking AP2 front when all said and done
Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Ya,

My deductible is only 250$. So it's not bad at all. It really sucks that it happened and that I probably never gona find the person who is responsible. But I'm planning on investing into a few GoPro cams now for sure......
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Bastards!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pankayk
Ya,

My deductible is only 250$. So it's not bad at all. It really sucks that it happened and that I probably never gona find the person who is responsible. But I'm planning on investing into a few GoPro cams now for sure......
Try the Blackvue dash cam, I have one and it works good. It records when your driving and when you park it starts recording when it senses people and other cars. It comes in 1080p and shuts down when your battery power drops below a certain level.

http://www.blackvue.co.uk/

$192 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BlackVue...item4ab5d89c9b
Old 08-09-2012, 10:58 AM

damn man that sucks, and i my self did the went from ap1 to ap2 front bumper, and yes all you have to do is trim the corners on the frame.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate people like that. Man up!

Quick Reply: Hit-and-Run. :(