S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

HEY? Where's my posting on Hearbreakers?

Old 03-11-2001, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why was my posting on Heartbreakers moved to Off Topic and Sondra's was left On Topic? Bit of a discrepency here, gentlemen.

I suggest that my post be moved back to ON topic since I actually wrote more than a couple of short paragraphs on the subject. Plus I posted it here first!
Old 03-11-2001, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For details about Heartbreakers, check out this link:

http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...28&pagenumber=2

With over 3,000 Views, this is the most popular thread on S2000Online.com!

Old 03-11-2001, 06:08 PM

Post enforcement here is appears to be capricious and arbitrary. It can give the appearance to some that it matters who are, not what you write. For instance, some posts that compare the S2000 to other cars get moved to Off Topic, and some don
Old 03-11-2001, 06:18 PM
Banned

I have never moved a post from anywhere to anywhere else...I just don't do that.

I did edit the post that a guy made that was a little beyond rude...

Sorry about your thread, SW, I would probably agree that it belongs here in this forum.

And everyone, realize that all this is a voluntary effort on the part of every moderator and even C3...it may seem capricious and arbitrary, but it's all volunteer-based. Please remember that...
Old 03-11-2001, 08:53 PM

I was the one that moved that thread, and my reasoning was because the focus of the thread really started moving towards movies in general rather than the car itself. If you have a problem, please don't hesitate to PM me.
Old 03-14-2001, 07:32 PM

Jay Li,

Let's try this......

The next time a post seems to border between On or Off topic, why don't you just allow us to rewrite it? I would have gladly resubmitted my post rather than have it banished to Off Topic. (I'm not knocking Off Topic, but I frankly never go there). Your action just seemed capricious and that discourages member participation.

In fact, why don't you guys post a list of criteria that would allow us to understand how you would want us to write? Or at least, how you don't want us to write? Show us the lines that you don't want us to cross. The sole purpose of my post was to notify my S2000 brothers as to the remarkable movie that featured our car. Kind of hard to talk about "a movie with a S2000" without talking about movies.

I dare say that you were more uncomfortable with my gushing over Jen. Love Hewitt's connection with the Honda. And if that was the case, you should just say so. I'm not insensitive to the feelings of the women on this board, but I give them more credit for understanding the male appreciation for today's sex symbols. Especially if those symbols bring an added luster to our favorite auto.