S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Help!--Top body repair shop in OC, CA?

Old 09-08-2001, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!--Top body repair shop in OC, CA?

I was driving today down PCH and a rather senior citizen in an old ford bronco coming the other way turned left right in front of me.

I was almost able to stop, but he just hit me. It looks like only scratches on my front bumper (hopefully), although it is a little buckled near the headlight.

My car has a silver exterior. Any issues I should worry about as far as color matching?

Since the damage is mostly confined to the front bumper, I was thinking of just removing the front bumper and taking it to the body shop. Good idea?

Finally, is it best to ask the shop to mask off the VIN number or will they be able to order a new one?

Sorry for the long post, but my searches didn't seem to provide full answers.

I am very anal about my S and am quite upset by this whole incident. I don't think I will feel better until she is fixed.

Thanks.......
Old 09-09-2001, 11:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is san pedro too far??
marks2k knows a shop that he says does our cars that is located there...
Old 09-09-2001, 08:00 PM

That wouldn't be too far. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll try to send Marks2k a PM.

Has anyone had direct experience with San Pedro Autobody?

After searching I've also seen a recommendation for Autobahn Autobody in Costa Mesa. Has anyone had direct experience with them, good or bad?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2001, 10:48 PM
Ray

I got my car fixed there couple months ago, so your car won't be the first one they see.

Overall, I thought they were very good; the Manager Frank there was pretty helpful and overall very competent. I had to have my bumper cover repainted, and they matched the Spa Yellow perfectly.

There lot was also full of cars from Honda dealerships and Honda of America. I saw some interesting JDM only Hondas there when I was getting my car fixed. And I believe that this is one of the shops authorized to fix NSX.
Old 09-10-2001, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the info Frank.

Several other board members have also responded via PM.

I will post on the shop I go with and the results.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 09-10-2001, 03:37 PM

You may also wish to PM "Prolene".......He has had a recent good experience with a shop in Pasadena.
Old 09-10-2001, 07:02 PM

Grooveracer, could you post the shops you receive by email.
Thanks,
Ken
Old 09-11-2001, 01:17 AM

Hey grooveracer,

I got your PM and responded. Let me know which shop you take your car too. Keep us updated on the results.
Old 09-11-2001, 11:09 AM

MarkS2K, Will do.

Kdhoard, the folks I PM'd either recommended Autobahn or San Pedro. All were kind enough to provide additional details on their experiences. One question I had for them was whether it was a good idea to remove my front bumper and allow the shop to just work on it. The advantage would be minimizing the risk to the rest of the car (i.e. inadvertent dents and scratches); my car is pristine with approximately 2000 miles. The down side is aligning the bumper (my front bumper is slightly out of alignment where the bumper is next to the hood). It otherwise looks good around the headlight and fender. I have ordered the body shop manual and hopefully this will help with figuring this out. FYI, if you just give them the bumper then you need to provide another body part for the match. I've read most give the gas cap.

Spryguy, I read that Prolene went there. Pasadena is probably too far unless they were superior to Autobahn or San Pedro. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 09-11-2001, 11:27 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Grooveracer, Just leave it on the car and take it in. Body shops are used to working on the whole car. It will be ok.

Quick Reply: Help!--Top body repair shop in OC, CA?