S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Help ...need extended warranty quickly, thanks!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help ...need extended warranty quickly, thanks!

I need some suggestions on a extended warranty ... I have a 2007 S2000 with 9000 miles ... the bumper to bumper portion of my warranty is up in 2 weeks and I want to purchase an extended warranty.

The local Honda dealer will give me a bumper to bumper 4 yr/48k extension for around $1895. but they said it is not transferable to the new owner when in the future I sell it. I would prefer one that is transferable ... so my questions are:

- Do you have a warranty company that offers a reliable warranty that is transferable ?

- If not is that a reasonable price for the Honda 4/48 warranty ?

- Are there any Honda dealers online that offer discount prices ?

Thank you for any help you can offer, I appreciate it !!!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a terrible price...contact hardtopguy here on s2ki to get a Honda warranty at a good price. Here's his site: http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/home.php

If you can't get in touch with Jeff, I see where someone got the Honda 72mo/120k mile warranty for $1,015 from this Honda dealer:

http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/

They said the shorter 60k mile warranty was available for $750.

I'd stick with the Honda warranty rather than go aftermarket.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:50 PM

90% of "Aftermarket" Car warranty's are a sham anyways.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by DiamondDave2005,Aug 12 2010, 06:25 PM
That's a terrible price...contact hardtopguy here on s2ki to get a Honda warranty at a good price. Here's his site: http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/home.php

If you can't get in touch with Jeff, I see where someone got the Honda 72mo/120k mile warranty for $1,015 from this Honda dealer:

http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/

They said the shorter 60k mile warranty was available for $750.

I'd stick with the Honda warranty rather than go aftermarket.
Dave .. you are the best !!! That was exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much !!!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 PM

with that little mileage, why bother with warranty. Not being nasty but its obvious you are barely driving the car so why bother with a warranty. Do you believe it will help the selling price ?

I don't drive my S much either as its my rainy day car but I certainly did not even think of a extended warranty for it, its a Honda after all. Now my motorcycle ok, but not the S.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM

Save your money. it's a Honda.

Mine has 120K. All I've really done is brake pads, tires, oil, and batteries. They're not going to cover any of that anyway.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by viper_driver,Aug 17 2010, 05:04 PM
Save your money. it's a Honda.

Mine has 120K. All I've really done is brake pads, tires, oil, and batteries. They're not going to cover any of that anyway.
Thanks for the contact info.
Mine is a MY07, I'm within about 5 months of basic warranty expiration, the shop is currently replacing the VSA module ($2400+) and the Steering Angle Sensor ($???). I suspect that either one would have more than paid for the warranty if it had happened after warranty expiration. Fortunately, I'm still within the initial warranty period. But couldabeen wouldabeen holeycrapbigrepairexpense might have happened.

I agree (I now own all Hondas after an excruciating review of the repair costs of other domestic and foreign cars I've owned) and don't usually purchase the extended warranties due to Honda reliability. But I've been spooked by this last set of repairs.

Any reflections on the value of extended warranties would be appreciated.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a personal judgment call. As for others saying "it's a Honda, blahblahblah", every manufacturer has cars that end up with problems. Even Honda. I doubt I'll need it but I purchased HondaCare for mine from Saccucci. It's one of those things that's a waste if you don't use it but a saving grace if you do happen to need it.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:16 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I got Honda "silver" Care which is 7yr/100k for 1599, sounds like the dealership is trying to price gouge you...or you're getting the "premium" care plan.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by takeshi,Oct 18 2010, 05:37 AM
It's a personal judgment call. As for others saying "it's a Honda, blahblahblah", every manufacturer has cars that end up with problems. Even Honda. I doubt I'll need it but I purchased HondaCare for mine from Saccucci. It's one of those things that's a waste if you don't use it but a saving grace if you do happen to need it.
agreed. hondas are great for reliability but the whole point of a warranty is to protect from things that break but aren't supposed to. not even hondas are resistant to that.

Quick Reply: Help ...need extended warranty quickly, thanks!